turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Who makes a good titanium-surfaced pot?

Started by Meleagris gallopavo, April 08, 2021, 07:51:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meleagris gallopavo

Just to add something different to this topic thread and to satisfy my curiosity, who is known for making the better titanium pots.  I don't have one but may get one next year. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

hush

I have a titanium in a blue mahoe pot by John Sinclair. When I heard it, I had to have one. It's his small pot, I think 3". One of my favorites.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MDTOM84

Meleagris gallopavo

What's the difference in the sound titanium produces compared to other surfaces? 

I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

CMH

bobk

hush

Quote from: Meleagris gallopavo on April 08, 2021, 08:34:17 PM
What's the difference in the sound titanium produces compared to other surfaces? 

Very dynamic. I can get a high pitch with a killer roll-over. Has a metallic/robotic sound that mimics a natural hen that few surfaces capture. It has that quality softly, and has the capability to scream too. I never use the scream feature, but it's in there. It's a beautiful call that always goes for a ride in the vest. A tonal quality that is hard to get out of other calls and I'm glad to have it in my vest of tricks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

compton30

Bringintheh2o

Larry Halford makes an excellent titanium pot. I have one of his in a Granadillo pot. Very easy to play soft or loud as you want.

Sir-diealot

I also have a John Sinclair that I like. I have to be careful to hold it out the blind window when I play it because it is so loud it makes my head hurt.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

sbbow

Buckrub

I have 5 John Sinclair Titanium calls. Different woods, different diameters and sound boards. They ALL produce outstanding sounds, both, soft or loud !!!

Swampturkey

rakkin6

Mike Yingling makes a great titanium call. I have one that can play loud or soft and definitely has a distinct sound.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Chris O

Mike Yingling for me. I have a cast cactus that is my favorite pot. He doesn't make as many cast calls as he used to but he did post a new Osage one not too long ago that I had a hard time not buying. I know Sinclair's is good also and if Buster makes something it's going to be good as well. Titanium has a distinct sound to me, it makes great hen talk but I feel it makes great Jake talk as well.