OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Crazy ...ammunition gone !  (Read 7141 times)

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Crazy ...ammunition gone !
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2021, 05:14:21 PM »
Obviously all the former toilet paper hoarders have now transformed into shotgun shell hoarders. Good going guys.

Perhaps if you have more than a five year supply or so you should let some others have a chance. Just sayin. Winchester et al aren't going out of business.

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2021, 05:50:41 PM »
Thinking about this a bit further. Regarding how many shells you need. If you need more than, say,  on average more than two shells for every turkey you bag you'd better work on your skills...whether shooting, distance judging, excitement or whatever. Personally I've killed more than a few and I know darned well I'm not at that two per bird level.

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2021, 05:59:16 PM »
I have 55 rounds of TSS in 12 and 20, about 15 rounds of Hevi 13 in 12 gauge so I am good for a long long time. The only game I hunt with a gun is turkey everything else I use a bow. I still enjoy skeet shooting here and there so I am always on the lookout for those loads and they are hard to come by too.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 08:50:28 PM by lunghit »
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2021, 06:08:43 PM »
I buy as much as I want,when I want it . I like to pattern and shoot turkey guns,I never use more than 2,maybe 3 shells total hunting in the spring (2 tom limit). But I pattern and enjoy shooting a few months prior to season and again a bit in the summer.

I need to add a few more to my collection as I have depleted a little the last month.

Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline b wilt

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2021, 08:46:40 PM »
I buy as much as I want,when I want it . I like to pattern and shoot turkey guns,I never use more than 2,maybe 3 shells total hunting in the spring (2 tom limit). But I pattern and enjoy shooting a few months prior to season and again a bit in the summer.

I need to add a few more to my collection as I have depleted a little the last month.
Lol, I'm the same way, I am in turkey gun shooting mode usually by the end of February. Really enjoy it.

Offline TRG3

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #50 on: April 18, 2021, 07:15:52 AM »
While I didn't plan it, over the years my buying a couple of boxes of turkey loads at the end of the season when Walmart was marking them down payed off. Our local Walmart doesn't even carry ammo now.