OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Crazy ...ammunition gone !

Started by Old Gobbler, April 08, 2021, 04:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Gobbler

There seems to be real panic on the sale of any form of ammunition,  everysinglething is sold out !
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

Greg Massey

Yes, it's crazy..it's been this way in my area for like the last 9 months ...thank goodness i have always bought ammo all year long... i'm stocked up for now..

dayna105

Same here, though I think I live just a couple of counties from Greg. Good thing I bought a few boxes of heavyweight7 for  the 20ga. 3 years ago. 

TonyTurk

There have been ammo panics in the past, but not like this one.  Even hunting ammo and cheap shotgun target loads are hard to find.

Yoder409

Yeah..........   Not so sure this one is going away any time soon.   I think peppy have realized what it REALLY IS we have going on in DC now.   And they're scared stiff.    Probably should be.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

stinkpickle

But...but...but have you tried reloading?   ;)

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

notsure

I've posted this before, but somewhat ironically, the only ammo one can consistently find in SE MN are Turkey loads. For ex., the local Scheels and Fleet Farm are currently out of all pistol ammunition, and their selection of rifle ammo is limited to a few odd ball calibers and some .556 rounds. But both stores maintain a decent supply of Federal TSS and Winchester Longbeard shells.

owlhoot

Quote from: stinkpickle on April 08, 2021, 05:57:51 PM
Try finding reloading supplies  :z-dizzy:

stinkpickle

Quote from: owlhoot on April 08, 2021, 06:05:38 PM
Quote from: stinkpickle on April 08, 2021, 05:57:51 PM
Try finding reloading supplies  :z-dizzy:

I hoarded them all months ago.

Meleagris gallopavo

They had Federal TSS 3.5" 9's at Field and Stream In Chesapeake, VA for $65 a box.  They would definitely have been the most expensive shells I'd ever purchased.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

tha bugman

Quote from: Old Gobbler on April 08, 2021, 04:23:12 PM
There seems to be real panic on the sale of any form of ammunition,  everysinglething is sold out !
I know.  Hope it ends soon.

aclawrence

Been this way for a pretty good while here.

WildTigerTrout

I agree pickings are really slim at this point.  I buy year round and have a good stockpile. Frankly, enough turkey loads to last my lifetime. ;D
Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!

Ozarks Hillbilly

Last time I looked you can still find about any ammo you're looking for on Gunbroker. You will pay a premium for it though. 

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk