turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Will Primos Turkey Vest???

Started by Gobble Nole, April 08, 2021, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble Nole

I know that $200 for a turkey vest is crazy...  And I got burned by Primos on the Rocker piece of crap vest that I bought a few years ago.  I loved the Rocker vest but it literally fell apart. 

I am shy and hesitant to purchase anything else from them...

That being said, has anyone seen one of these vests?  Quality? Fit?

There are things about this style vest that I like, but again I am hesitant. 

Cowboy

I got burned on that Rocker vest as well. Mine made it about 3 hunts. I'm skeptical as crap now about the Primos
Brand.

Gobble Nole

I tried to stitch it up and keep it going many times...  But despite the PowerPro bandaids, it lasted barely a season.  RIP Rocker Vest

In the promotional video shot by primos they talk about the craftmanship and quality, I just do not know if it is true...

Dazzler

Did the Gobber Gen 2 hold up?  Haven't seen many reports on its durability.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Juice

Did you contact Primos customer service regarding the vest falling apart? I assume that they would stand behind it and repair or replace it. I have their gen 1 vest and it is still hanging in there with no damage thus far ... knock on wood. In my opinion, $200 is quite steep for a vest, but then again, the cost of living is increasing at a very significant rate. None the less, good luck with your vest search and this turkey season

outdoorsmen

I sure am looking hard at Will's vest. I think I want one but would to see it first. $200 don't scare me if I like it. My alps super elite is not cutting it foe me.  The super elite series was better before alps got involved.

fallhnt

Post up pics and thoughts after you buy one. I'm in the market for a new best. I have 3 Super Elite vests and it's time for a new one.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

When I turkey hunt I use a DSD decoy

GobbleGitr

What are people's experience with those stretchy pull cords that go over the black buttons?  I would be concerned they wouldn't stay in place, or that it might lose elasticity.  Otherwise looks awesome...and love the water reservoir pouch

Gobble Nole

I really like the lay out and will post more information if I purchase one.  I am not scare of the price tag at all if I like the vest. 

I currently have a K&H RNG 300 that I really do like.  There are just a few things that I am not a big fan of...  Unfortunately I am always looking for perfection.   

Remturkey

Just ordered mine today, can't wait to break it in during MD and PA season. I've had both the Gobbler 1 and generation 2 vests and they served me well.

DUCKDIGGLER

I just ordered one as well last night.  They are live and in stock on their website.

I did get a promo code, this morning of course, so I hope someone here can use it : TRUTH

Enter that in your cart and it should be good for 15% off.

I hope this thing is built right.  We shall see. DD  :OGturkeyhead:

RED NECK

I will try it,I probably won't do it for this season but as soon as I can find it local or somewhere I can have it shipped,I'm in on it. I have always liked how they lay out their vests and this one looks like they put more thought into the lay out. Hopefully It is better quality than the Rocker.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

TauntoHawk

Quote from: Dr Juice on April 08, 2021, 05:12:51 PM
Did you contact Primos customer service regarding the vest falling apart? I assume that they would stand behind it and repair or replace it. I have their gen 1 vest and it is still hanging in there with no damage thus far ... knock on wood. In my opinion, $200 is quite steep for a vest, but then again, the cost of living is increasing at a very significant rate. None the less, good luck with your vest search and this turkey season
I did over the rocker vest, they wanted me to pay shipping both ways for them to repair it. It was going to be half the cost of the vest for them to put the same poor stitching in it again? I fixed mine with braided fishing line and gave to a buddy who didn't own a vest

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

grayfox

I'm another one that got burned on the Rocker Vest. First one lasted maybe 2 weeks so I sent it back for a replacement. Season was out by the time I got the replacement back so I used it on the opening of the next season & it lasted maybe a week. Poorest quality turkey vest I ever bought. I can't believe they still sell them. I like Primos & have bought a lot of their products over the years but they failed big time on the Rocker Vest. Hopefully the Will Primos vest is a lot better quality.

tha bugman

Wish I could try one on to see how it fits my frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk