OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Will Primos Turkey Vest???

Started by Gobble Nole, April 08, 2021, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DUCKDIGGLER

Quote from: lunghit on May 14, 2021, 09:14:43 PM
Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on May 14, 2021, 09:10:58 PM
Quote from: lunghit on May 14, 2021, 04:53:05 AM
Do you guys happen to know if a DSD jake decoy could fit in the game bag of this vest?

I will try that tomorrow and report back to you.  :OGturkeyhead:

That would be great! I appreciate it
All right Bud.....sorry spent the day pounding State land.....7 miles and 2 hens called in.....never heard a peep from a Tom.

Any way.....here are a couple of photos.......this jake fits easily and the adjustments on the top of the pouch had way more room to expand. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lunghit

Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on May 15, 2021, 06:50:54 PM
Quote from: lunghit on May 14, 2021, 09:14:43 PM
Quote from: DUCKDIGGLER on May 14, 2021, 09:10:58 PM
Quote from: lunghit on May 14, 2021, 04:53:05 AM
Do you guys happen to know if a DSD jake decoy could fit in the game bag of this vest?

I will try that tomorrow and report back to you.  :OGturkeyhead:

That would be great! I appreciate it
All right Bud.....sorry spent the day pounding State land.....7 miles and 2 hens called in.....never heard a peep from a Tom.

Any way.....here are a couple of photos.......this jake fits easily and the adjustments on the top of the pouch had way more room to expand. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds like you are trespassing on my land lol. Tom's are hard to come by. Thanks a ton for those pics,  that's exactly what I was looking for. I usually put the head straight down in the game bag just to keep those colors covered but that's a good way to carry it. Looks like I could still fit my cheap collapsible hen decoy in there also. I appreciate the pics and better luck on your next hunt.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

dzsmith

Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on May 05, 2021, 09:44:29 AM
Is the vest made to Primos specifications in china? I just received a bottomland shotgun case and it was made in china. Pretty disappointed.
other than primos calls most of their "bushnell" products are going to be made in china. You aren't gonna find many American made textiles period....its not a quality thing its a money thing. Unfortunately....our current POTUS is doing away with the tariffs that our previous POTUS put on china.....It appears our current regime has zero intentions of making anything here ever again.....
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

dzsmith

Quote from: outdoorsmen on April 14, 2021, 10:21:38 AM
Personally I'm becoming more shy of the polyester material in clothes.  Like all these "performance" or "dry fit" shirts. They are all shine in the sunlight, reflective.   The cotton material blend are nice and mute.

Me and you both. Im the only person I know that seeks out cotton turkey hunting clothes. Sad things is...its fades pretty much instantly leaving me buying more of it every 2-3 years. where as my poly face mask is like 6-7 years old and looks the same as it did the day I bought it.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

GobbleGitr

I have hunted quite a few days with the vest this year, and overall am very satisfied.  I agree with others that the chest straps are placed too low, and I am going to add one higher up, and the bottom one is placed too low to be useful.  I love the seat...while it could have been firmer, I am a bigger guy and still found it comfortable, and magnet setup is better than any other vest I've experienced.  The water bladder pouch-hell yeah!  The 2 striker pouches might hold a pencil but beware...they fit only the thinnest strikers, and even then the strikers worked themselves up out of the flip down magnet holders-those should have been bigger and better secured.  As others mentioned, the box call holder is poorly placed, as it is right where your gun stock rides with a shoulder sling.  The number of pockets is outstanding, even though I don't use them all, it gives options.  After a half season of use in 3 states it is holding up with no quality issues yet.  Well done Primos.

Dazzler

Quote from: dzsmith on May 15, 2021, 10:59:19 PM
Quote from: MISSISSIPPI Double beard on May 05, 2021, 09:44:29 AM
Is the vest made to Primos specifications in china? I just received a bottomland shotgun case and it was made in china. Pretty disappointed.
other than primos calls most of their "bushnell" products are going to be made in china. You aren't gonna find many American made textiles period....its not a quality thing its a money thing. Unfortunately....our current POTUS is doing away with the tariffs that our previous POTUS put on china.....It appears our current regime has zero intentions of making anything here ever again.....
Kifaru mentioned possibly making a Turkey vest in the future. While it would be bomb proof like all their other gear, it would be American made and quite expensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sippy cup

I bought one of the will primos turkey vest and I don't like it and trying to sell it
beware of longdale legend

lunghit

Quote from: sippy cup on May 28, 2021, 06:54:51 PM
I bought one of the will primos turkey vest and I don't like it and trying to sell it

What was it that you didn't like?
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"