turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Will Primos Turkey Vest???

Started by Gobble Nole, April 08, 2021, 11:41:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gobble Nole

Well I used the size chart, did the measurements, and ordered a vest last night. 

If I do not like it or if there is even a small glimpse of non-quality construction, she is going back...

alloutdoors

Adding to my previous comments, I weighed the vest and came up with 4.0lbs, which is the same as my Cabelas vest (all I had handy was a bathroom scale that measures in tenths of a pound, so there may be an ounce or two difference one way or the other). Also, the tag on the Primos vest lists it as 100% poly for the shell and liner, vs a 60/40 poly/cotton blend for the Cabelas. Material weight seems pretty similar between the two, according to my very scientific approach of running the two fabrics between my fingers. One downside to the nice YKK zippers I hadn't considered before is that they use metal pull tabs so if you give the vest a good shake it jingles a bit. If it proves noisy in the field I'll snip off the metal pulls and replace them with cord.

outdoorsmen

Personally I'm becoming more shy of the polyester material in clothes.  Like all these "performance" or "dry fit" shirts. They are all shine in the sunlight, reflective.   The cotton material blend are nice and mute. 

alloutdoors

Quote from: outdoorsmen on April 14, 2021, 10:21:38 AM
Personally I'm becoming more shy of the polyester material in clothes.  Like all these "performance" or "dry fit" shirts. They are all shine in the sunlight, reflective.   The cotton material blend are nice and mute.

To each their own. The vast majority of my turkey hunting clothes have been nothing but 100% poly for probably the last five years at least, same for a lot of the guys I hunt with, and I haven't seen any drop off in our ability to kill birds.

Remturkey

Got my vest today and I am very happy I ordered it.  I followed the size chart and it fits perfect.  As soon as I put it on and started looking at all the pockets, location of pockets, seat cushion and adjustability, there is no doubt this was designed by a true turkey hunter.  I've had both the Gobbler and Gobbler2 vests and have been satisfied with them, but this vest is heads and shoulders above them.

I was literally blown away of just how many pockets are on this vest. I've always been accused of carrying the kitchen sink with me and this is going to make it a lot easier to keep things organized better.  A quick once over showed the vest looks to be put together with quality material, but the proof is in the puddin so we shall see. Our season starts Saturday here in Maryland with youth day so I hope to be breaking it in good.

Also, if anyone of you guys is military/first responder, The parent company that owns Primos and Bushnell offers a pretty nice discount (my total after the discount was $138) which definitely made the decision to buy even easier.  I will do an update late next week after I have a few days hunting with under my butt.

tha bugman

Can't wait to see some reviews!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobble Nole

I got mine in the mail and it seems pretty legit.  Going to make an afternoon hunt tomorrow evening to give it a try and see what we got. 

outdoorsmen

Quote from: Remturkey on April 14, 2021, 05:25:47 PM
Got my vest today and I am very happy I ordered it.  I followed the size chart and it fits perfect.  As soon as I put it on and started looking at all the pockets, location of pockets, seat cushion and adjustability, there is no doubt this was designed by a true turkey hunter.  I've had both the Gobbler and Gobbler2 vests and have been satisfied with them, but this vest is heads and shoulders above them.

I was literally blown away of just how many pockets are on this vest. I've always been accused of carrying the kitchen sink with me and this is going to make it a lot easier to keep things organized better.  A quick once over showed the vest looks to be put together with quality material, but the proof is in the puddin so we shall see. Our season starts Saturday here in Maryland with youth day so I hope to be breaking it in good.

Also, if anyone of you guys is military/first responder, The parent company that owns Primos and Bushnell offers a pretty nice discount (my total after the discount was $138) which definitely made the decision to buy even easier.  I will do an update late next week after I have a few days hunting with under my butt.

Man I wish I would have know that yesterday before I ordered. 

outdoorsmen

My wife ordered me the vest for my birthday. I asked her what size she ordered....she said "I don't know"....really glad you put so much thought and effort into my gift...
Anyway I got it today and it's a size large.  I was thinking I should have a XL but it seems to fit ok. I'm 6'1" 200lbs. With a sweatshirt on my chest measures 43" and my belly is 44" (thanks to Bush light).
How does yours fit?

bobk

FED EX tracking shows that my vest should be delivered tomorrow.  Really hoping that it is legit. After reading the reviews I am more confidant.

alloutdoors

Quote from: outdoorsmen on April 21, 2021, 10:55:31 AM
My wife ordered me the vest for my birthday. I asked her what size she ordered....she said "I don't know"....really glad you put so much thought and effort into my gift...
Anyway I got it today and it's a size large.  I was thinking I should have a XL but it seems to fit ok. I'm 6'1" 200lbs. With a sweatshirt on my chest measures 43" and my belly is 44" (thanks to Bush light).
How does yours fit?

I'm a hair over 6' and about 195lbs and I'm wearing the medium with the straps snugged all the way down. There's a fair bit of overlap between the sizes but I'm happy with how the medium fits and I don't think I would personally want to go up to a large.

outdoorsmen

Interesting thanks.  I think the large will work for me. Just hard for me to get it in my head cause I don't normally wear anything smaller then a XL.
Anyway I was loading up the pockets and am struggling on where to put stuff.  There is only 1 box call pocket (I carry 2) and it doesn't really fit my woodhevan real hen box.  No where to go with the primos box cutter.
The primos trumpet strikers don't fit in the striker pockets.
My Shannon push pin doesn't fit anywhere.
This is just the start of playing with the vest. I haven't sat down long enough to really think it out. 

bobk

My size XXL vest just arrived. I am 6' 5" , 250 # it fits me fine with the straps snugged up.
The material and construction look fine.
The seats magnet seem more than sufficient to to hold the seat up.
The seat is thick and firm.

Now to figure the pockets out.

Duckdiggler , Thanks for the discount code.

DUCKDIGGLER

bobk....you are very welcome...glad someone took advantgae of it.

I did recieved my vest....took it out of the box...put it on to see if it fit and gave it a qucik once over....quality looks solid. I will give a closer inspection I hope over the weekend....been too busy with work to check it out closely and see how my stuff will go in there. 

I will offer my opinion after I spend some time with it.  :OGturkeyhead:

ccleroy

I picked one up immediately once available. I've been been waiting on them to come out for a while. Got it in and was disappointed in the material used and quality. They used a polyester fabric that will pick and nit. The zippers are very loud and make a ton of noise jingling around. Went to put in my thermacell and the retaining band popped off. The layout is nice, almost to many pockets, but for a $200 vest it needs to have a very durable fabric and not fall apart. The jingling, noisy zipper tabs give it away that no way was this field tested. No way it would last me the way I hunt. Back she goes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro