OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Will Primos Turkey Vest???  (Read 10172 times)

Offline outdoorsmen

Re: Will Primos Turkey Vest???
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2021, 05:41:27 PM »
I just tried ordering but the website won't key me go to my shopping cart.....!
I wonder why the delay. I would have thought this would have been available before season.   Issues......?

Offline Howie g

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2021, 06:37:04 PM »
They need to stick to making deer grunt calls , every thing else suuuuucks

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2021, 07:25:02 AM »
I have used primos products for years and have never had a real issue with them. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Tail Feathers

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2021, 10:09:08 AM »
I got burned on that Rocker vest as well. Mine made it about 3 hunts. I'm skeptical as crap now about the Primos
 Brand.
  Same here.  Probably will never buy another Primos vest or much anything with Primos on it.
Love to hunt the King of Spring!

Offline outdoorsmen

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2021, 12:12:42 PM »
Have you received the vest yet?

Offline Gobble Nole

• North Florida Outfitters
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2021, 03:29:37 PM »
Yeah, I am ready to pull the trigger and buy one but would love to hear a live review before I do...

BTW, I am 6'4" and about 250lbs  I would assume that I need to order the 2XL... Thoughts...

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2021, 03:36:08 PM »

No sir. Just ordered it this past weekend......wont be here until Thursday at the earliest. (If FedEx doesnt delay it).   I will give a review of it when I have a chance to check it out.  I own almost every vest on the market....like a few models but have not found the perfect vest yet. We shall see.

As far as the Rocker Vest.....I AM a fan...layout...features and seat....I have not had the durabilty issues some have.....not saying they didn't....I just have not. I hunt anywhere from 24 to 30 days a year and usually 2-3 states. Not saying there aren't any wear spots but no major failures. I 6' and 235lbs and dont baby my stuff. I do know I wont get 5 seasons out of it either. 

I will keep you guys posted when it arrives. DD :OGturkeyhead:

Offline Gobble Nole

• North Florida Outfitters
« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2021, 05:35:43 PM »
I thought I would update you on a little bit of information that I received from Primos. 

After a long wait on hold, I was able to ask if the same manufacturer of the Rocker vest was also making the Will Primos vest.  And the answer is yes.  Same vest components and same vest manufacturer. 

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #23 on: April 12, 2021, 08:26:09 PM »
looking forward to the review

No sir. Just ordered it this past weekend......wont be here until Thursday at the earliest. (If FedEx doesnt delay it).   I will give a review of it when I have a chance to check it out.  I own almost every vest on the market....like a few models but have not found the perfect vest yet. We shall see.

As far as the Rocker Vest.....I AM a fan...layout...features and seat....I have not had the durabilty issues some have.....not saying they didn't....I just have not. I hunt anywhere from 24 to 30 days a year and usually 2-3 states. Not saying there aren't any wear spots but no major failures. I 6' and 235lbs and dont baby my stuff. I do know I wont get 5 seasons out of it either. 

I will keep you guys posted when it arrives. DD :OGturkeyhead:

Offline outdoorsmen

« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2021, 09:48:55 PM »
In Will's video he was touting it was a quality built vest (trying to justify the price I'm sure).  I wonder why it wasn't released before seasons opened.  I debating now on just waiting till next year since my season has started, into 2nd week.  If I order now it will take a week and I will only have 2 weeks left to the close.

Offline alloutdoors

• Longbeard
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 09:59:32 AM »
I received the vest yesterday, my initial impressions are very positive. Unfortunately I was on the second to last day of my early out-of-state hunt when these became available to order, so I won’t get to actually field test it until our season starts in May. Only time will tell with regard to durability but the components and overall construction look and feel high quality; the vest appears to at least be on par with my Tactical Tat’r 2 which I’ve had for seven years and has been my gold standard during that time.

The layout of the vest is pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for. There are a ridiculous number of pockets; even random odds and ends like TP and wipes, which I always tossed in the game bag, have found a home in the front of the vest, and I still have empty pockets left over where I will be able to put things like my keys, wallet, and phone. The multiple mesh pockets on the inside of the vest were one of the most attractive features to me, and I’m very happy with how they perform. It’s very nice having separate pockets for each item that I want to carry instead of a jumble of five or six things at the bottom of a single large pocket. It also distributes the weight better and reduces bulkiness because things are spread out better.

As long as the vest holds up durability wise I think it is set to replace my Cabelas vest as my main go to.

Offline outdoorsmen

« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 10:13:19 AM »
Material and zippers seem good?  Wright?  Do you think it will hot to wear on warm days?

Offline alloutdoors

• Longbeard
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 10:52:35 AM »
Zippers are all YKK so that puts them ahead of any other turkey hunting product I own. Material seems to be a good weight, similar to my Cabelas vest, but I think the Cabelas has a higher blend of cotton. I’ll have to check the tags on the Primos when I get home this evening. I didn’t weigh the vest empty but it didn’t strike me as overly heavy or super light, pretty much just felt how I expected. I don’t anticipate it being any hotter than any other similarly styled vest, probably on par with my Cabelas vest.

Offline TauntoHawk

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2021, 01:01:28 PM »
I thought I would update you on a little bit of information that I received from Primos. 

After a long wait on hold, I was able to ask if the same manufacturer of the Rocker vest was also making the Will Primos vest.  And the answer is yes.  Same vest components and same vest manufacturer.
That's all I need to hear as far as I'm concerned they should have recalled the rocker. As far as I can tell 75% failed in the first season

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="l4hWuQU"><a href="//imgur.com/l4hWuQU"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2021, 02:54:26 PM »
I received the vest yesterday, my initial impressions are very positive. Unfortunately I was on the second to last day of my early out-of-state hunt when these became available to order, so I won’t get to actually field test it until our season starts in May. Only time will tell with regard to durability but the components and overall construction look and feel high quality; the vest appears to at least be on par with my Tactical Tat’r 2 which I’ve had for seven years and has been my gold standard during that time.

The layout of the vest is pretty much exactly what I’ve been looking for. There are a ridiculous number of pockets; even random odds and ends like TP and wipes, which I always tossed in the game bag, have found a home in the front of the vest, and I still have empty pockets left over where I will be able to put things like my keys, wallet, and phone. The multiple mesh pockets on the inside of the vest were one of the most attractive features to me, and I’m very happy with how they perform. It’s very nice having separate pockets for each item that I want to carry instead of a jumble of five or six things at the bottom of a single large pocket. It also distributes the weight better and reduces bulkiness because things are spread out better.

As long as the vest holds up durability wise I think it is set to replace my Cabelas vest as my main go to.

Thank you for sharing that information!

I cant wait to get mine to see it in person...hopes are pretty high. We shall see.  YKK is the gold standard in zippers...that is a good sign for sure. I did notice in the promo video with Will Primos in it....they seemed to stress the quality part of the equation....fingers crossed.  :OGturkeyhead: DD