turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

I think I found the last one

Started by strum, April 06, 2021, 11:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

strum

Possibly the last one in the world.  Just got home with it ..ill need some choke advise.. 20" barrel 3 1/2 "  12 gauge .. But yall knew that lol.

lowoctane

Nice! Hang on to yer teeth with those 3.5" loads! :camohat:
Actually my SM with 23" barrel prefers 3" loads...
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

strum

Quote from: lowoctane on April 06, 2021, 12:15:05 PM

From what ive seen the 3" usually do better.  Ive been using my 20ga so this probly will be a brain rattler for me .

lunghit

Very nice! What year do you think it was made?
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

strum

Quote from: lunghit on April 06, 2021, 12:31:51 PM
Very nice! What year do you think it was made?

If im looking at the date right on the box .. it was delivered from bass  pro in march 2015.  not sure how to tell on the ser no. but its never fired , in the box. only thing missing is the sling . What yall think its worth ?.  I dont want to sell it just curious.

Turkeytider

Quote from: strum on April 06, 2021, 12:20:21 PM
Quote from: lowoctane on April 06, 2021, 12:15:05 PM

From what ive seen the 3" usually do better.  Ive been using my 20ga so this probly will be a brain rattler for me .

3" is all you need. Lots of 870s seem to do well with .660 to .665 chokes.

Greg Massey

The choke decision will depend more so on the shell your wanting to shoot.. nice gun congrats...

greencop01

If its like mine I use the Rem Predator/Turkey choke that came with it and works like a charm with Win Longbeards 3"6's. Also heard IC .665 Rem choke works very good also with Win Longbeards. Nice gun you will like it. Easy to carry in the woods, don't hang up on branches or in set up. :OGturkeyhead:
We wait all year,why not enjoy the longbeard coming in hunting for a hen, let 'em' in close !!!

Tom007

"Solo hunter"

Jcfd142

Which Gun

Nice. It's hard to beat Indian Creek .665 in Remington's. Hard to say how much. I bought a used one last  year $375.

Vintage

strum

Quote from: Which Gun on April 06, 2021, 07:46:55 PM
Nice. It's hard to beat Indian Creek .665 in Remington's. Hard to say how much. I bought a used one last  year $375.

$375? I hate to say what I paid. 

RemingtonRules

I paid $325 for mine but it was not camo and had a regular stock.  I would think those would add $200-$300 more.

WildTigerTrout

Deer see you and think you are a stump. The Old Gobbler sees a stump and thinks it is YOU!