OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Holosun 507C X2  (Read 3437 times)

Offline tonyzzzz

Holosun 507C X2
« on: April 05, 2021, 09:11:55 PM »
My Holosun 507C arrived last week. My first impression is it looks really well made.  Machined from a solid piece of Aluminum stock.  New version has the battery compartment on the side.  Easily accessed and should be completely waterproof.  I really like the dot and especially the Ring with the dot in the center.  I mounted it to my Benelli M1 90 and hit range.  Each click is 1 MOA a 100 yards making in 1/2 MOA at 50 yards.  Was able to sightt the shotgun in after 5 shots.  Actually shot more moving the inpact left then back to the right.  Same amount of clicks got it where I wanted it.  It paired up well with the Meadowcreek rib mont.  Now to wait till our owner on 19April. 

By the way I have an astigmatism and the dot is clearer than other reflex sights I have looked thru.

Online JeffC

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Holosun 507C X2
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 10:19:13 AM »
Thanks for update, was following your original post, I was also waiting to hear reply's to weather issues? If you happen to get caught out in a down pour, let us know if you have problems seeing dot. Have heard water on screen makes it hard to see dot? Good luck
Print by Madison Cline, on Flickr

Offline tonyzzzz

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2021, 09:39:21 AM »
Not sure about rain and the sight but I can say this sight will be a game changer for me.  The 40  yard pattern I was able shoot is the best I have ever seen out of my Benelli.  I cant seem to get the picture small enough to post but is is great.

Offline fmf

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2021, 01:45:55 PM »
Thanks for update, was following your original post, I was also waiting to hear reply's to weather issues? If you happen to get caught out in a down pour, let us know if you have problems seeing dot. Have heard water on screen makes it hard to see dot? Good luck

For rain and wet woods I picked up a couple of these (they come in a 2 pack).  I put holes in the sides of one and cut a pony tail holder in half, ran each into a hole from the inside and put a knot.  Then you can slide it over your barrel and receiver, put the cover on, and when you take the cover off you can just rotate it toward the side of the receiver.  That way you always have it and don't lose it. However, I usually just use the one with nothing to hold it on because it is more convenient and I haven't lost it yet.  It is a tight enough fit to not come off unless you are dragging your gun through the brush and something snags it

https://dreamplastics.com/product/holsun-507c-red-dot-scope-cover/

Offline Greg Massey

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2021, 06:54:19 PM »
My Holosun 507C arrived last week. My first impression is it looks really well made.  Machined from a solid piece of Aluminum stock.  New version has the battery compartment on the side.  Easily accessed and should be completely waterproof.  I really like the dot and especially the Ring with the dot in the center.  I mounted it to my Benelli M1 90 and hit range.  Each click is 1 MOA a 100 yards making in 1/2 MOA at 50 yards.  Was able to sightt the shotgun in after 5 shots.  Actually shot more moving the inpact left then back to the right.  Same amount of clicks got it where I wanted it.  It paired up well with the Meadowcreek rib mont.  Now to wait till our owner on 19April. 

By the way I have an astigmatism and the dot is clearer than other reflex sights I have looked thru.
  What was the MOA of the circle? Was it 32 ?