OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Stoeger M3020 Pistol Grip Stock Options  (Read 5871 times)

Offline Matt76cmich

Re: Stoeger M3020 Pistol Grip Stock Options
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2021, 06:18:09 AM »
Finally found someone selling a Steadygrip stock and it showed up today. Granted they are for the 12 gauges it fits good enough to finish out the season here in Michigan. After the season I'll shape as needed and then send it off to get dipped to match the fore grip.

Still debating if I want to drill and tap the receiver, go with the rib mount, or leave it as is with the Williams Fire sights.

Also still curious is having my barrel cut down to 22-24" is much of a benefit over the 26"s it is.

Other than the obvious overhang, did the pistol grip stock mount right up to the M3020?
Yes it did. There is an insert piece that has to go in the right way otherwise you run out of threads before the stock gets tight to the receiver. Took a few attempts to get the insert to slide into the right place and stay there while trying to get the lock washer and nut started, but nothing too horrible.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2021, 04:33:53 AM »
I meant to ask you, what Limbsaver Airtech recoil pad have you got on that pistol grip?

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2022, 03:46:50 PM »
It was long overdue, but I finally got around to trying to make the 12ga Steadygrip stock fit a little more flush on the M3020. I played it a little safe on the sanding to make sure there is more than enough material in the stock where it meets up with the receiver. I'm pretty happy with it so far. 

Started off by masking everything off around the receiver and the butt of the stock where it meets the receiver. Then I used an exacto knife and traced around the receiver. Then I removed the tape around the stock and used a silver sharpie to mark where I wanted to remove material. Started with a dremel and ended with sandpaper up to 320 grit.

Offline Jordan121787

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2022, 01:41:23 PM »
Since this bolts up to the m3020, do you think it would be the same for the Franchi affinity 3?

Offline Matt76cmich

« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2022, 03:32:21 PM »
Since this bolts up to the m3020, do you think it would be the same for the Franchi affinity 3?
Maybe. I don't know what the footprint looks like on the Franchi for the stock to receiver (not sure if there is a technical term for that lol) to know if it'll match up with the Stoeger.

Offline Kygobblergetter

« Reply #20 on: February 04, 2022, 10:23:38 PM »
I believe I’ve seen on here that it will not match up with the affinity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk