Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Devotional Friday 5/27/2011: "How's your garden growing??"

Started by BOFF, May 26, 2011, 10:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BOFF

Well, a lot of us have already planted gardens this year. For some of us it is just getting time to start. This year, I didn't plant a garden as my time is limited. However, I have several friends who have gardens and I have helped them, and know I will receive some vegetables later in the season. According to God's Word, we have opportunities for gardens, and the outcome of each  is dependant upon us. But one may ask, how it is dependant upon us? What about the rain, the bugs, the heat, and the lack of bees to pollinate the gardens?

2 Corinthians 9:6-11 (The Message)

6-7Remember: A stingy planter gets a stingy crop; a lavish planter gets a lavish crop. I want each of you to take plenty of time to think it over, and make up your own mind what you will give. That will protect you against sob stories and arm-twisting. God loves it when the giver delights in the giving.

Every day, we have opportunities to plant gardens by giving. You can give time, money, advice, love, hugs, caring smiles, extra attention, help, etc. It may be a garden of your spouse, child, parent, coworker, stranger, job/work, business, school, project, friend, or boss, to mention a few. Regardless, all have one thing in common, our Lord and Savior Jesus is aware of each garden, and how we plant each one. Are you sowing seeds sparingly, or stingily? Are you taking the extra time to add water, and weeding around each fruit?  Are you planting with joyous fervor and zeal, or are you planting with bitterness and apathy?

Heavenly Father, I thank you for your love and salvation which covers my sins. I thank you for being the Master Planter, and Creator. Thank you for the many opportunities we have to do your work. Help us to hoe around our own hearts, to weed out the selfishness which hinders our planting. May we be ready with fruitful seeds to sow, and may the seeds sown, grow bountiful gardens for your kingdom and glory. May we do it with a cheerful heart.

We praise you, and love you. For it is in Jesus name we ask and claim these things, Amen.  

God Bless,
David B.

Roostem33

Great message David, I think I have had my share of stingy planting and it just does not work. But you are so right that if care is taken in sowing and tending to the crop the harvest is wonderful. Thanks!!!

Have a great week,
Jody
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

mmims

lightsoutcalls

Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!

Duke0002

Beretta686

Official "Hippie" had my hip replaced August 2005

turkey slayer