OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Finally, when you think you will never.....  (Read 4163 times)

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Finally, when you think you will never.....
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2021, 07:16:32 AM »
I decided to wait for two fiber optic turkey sights I ordered to arrive before I went and wasted ammo,I was going to use reflex red dots but I really do not like them,I prefer anything else. I will be taking them this coming weekend to get them ready.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline Gonduckin

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2021, 03:56:07 PM »
Nice score!!!  Happy for you but jealous at the same time...lol.

Offline Fullfan

• Longbeard
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2021, 09:30:18 AM »
You going to love that lil gun.  I have two of them, trigger work done on both. Running a SumToy 562-5 and an Indian Creek .555 in the other. Hand loaded TSS does very well through both.  Running FF3's with one having the SumToy low mount.  Camo finish is coming off the receiver on my first gun. She will be getting dipped after the season is over.,
Don't gobble at me...

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2021, 06:53:17 AM »
I attached the peep sight fiber optic set last night and can't wait for new choke.I will pattern it with what I have this weekend,It may be a month to get trulocks,or a week.

I have tried to force myself to like red dots and reflex sights but at this time in life I do not need them,and never have liked them so I am going to try and stay away from anything with a battery, until needed. If at all possible.

I have a few kicking around if I need to go that route.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 06:12:51 PM »
Awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline willy9889

« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2021, 06:55:00 AM »
 Thats a score!! I ordered mine from Gobles in London a little more than a year ago.
Sweet little rig...... If you dont mind me asking what crappy tire did you find it at?

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2021, 12:43:43 PM »
I was planning on a long morning with different chokes and different shells but I have a .568 lb choke and put a longbeard #6 in and tested at 45 yards,Its just what we set up at today,No looking to offend  but.....

All my pattern tests are done with a rangefinder,I will shoot this combo until I test the new chokes I have on way but no need for me to throw tss #7's down the pipe when #6's will do this at this yardage.No need to waste anymore ammo.

Offline tha bugman

• Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #22 on: April 10, 2021, 04:29:19 PM »
Congrats on your find!  I have had a few experiences like that and it always feels good!

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 06:19:22 AM »
I already had a warbird protector here and was going to stay away from red dots,but the darkside pulled me back in when I came across a great price on a brand new venom, so I jumped on it and tested it on another setup and It just did not suit that gun so I went and set it up on this gun last night,It was made for this gun. This gun is fantastic,It feels so nice in my hands,light,fits like a glove(not like the juice) and sits low on the picatinny.I love it and I am going to shoot tomorrow and will take my time getting it dialed in,as I am all done with my other guns and 9 days till season.

I'll post pics of setup tonight after work and then Saturday after my patterning.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 11:43:57 AM by The Heartbreak Kid....... »

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2021, 12:13:07 PM »
It took me 2 shells to have it dialed in at 40 yards today with the vortex venom,.568 lb xr choke.

I have a sling on the way for the gun,It has replaced all my other 20's as my favorite except my Tc single shot.

8 days to go! Next Saturday,I may pattern it again if choke has arrived but I'll be busy having a bbq, wild turkey poppers and a few ice tea's at my camp getting ready for Opening morning.

Offline huntinsomd

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2021, 04:15:41 PM »
That's a nice set-up! I just ordered one of those chokes for a M2 20ga to shoot HW7's. Hopefully it patterns as well as yours does!

Online RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2021, 09:04:11 PM »
This gun is like carrying a feather around and It patterns very very well with the .568 lb xr choke but I am not surprised as this choke has shot everything well from a few guns,every shell. This will be the 2nd gun I hunt with this spring.