turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Long beards 5 shot

Started by owlhoot, April 12, 2021, 02:13:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

owlhoot

Remington 870 20 gauge , 26" barrel Tightwad choke.

40 yards.  90 in the 10"
               plus 64 in the 10-20".
Just a little fyi, for those who might be curious and not want to buy TSS. Or can't find it.

USMC0331

Thanks for the information.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

RED NECK

They shoot very well from my 21" 20 ga 870 youth with a .570 tightwad,as do the 6's. I have tried a ton of 20 gauge chokes through all my setups hands down the most reliable for the majority of shells is the .575 tightwad. That choke has to be the greatest buy in turkey chokes out there...imo...It even shoots lights out in 12 gauge and out performs 150 dollar chokes regularly.  Good luck!

Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

Sungrazer

That's encouraging as #5 longbeard was all I could find to shoot out of my new Over/Under Silver Eagle. I'm not willing to pay the price for TSS, even though I have found those available locally. Have an extended Carlson's .575 choke on the way.

owlhoot

Quote from: The Heartbreak Kid....... on April 13, 2021, 06:44:10 AM
They shoot very well from my 21" 20 ga 870 youth with a .570 tightwad,as do the 6's. I have tried a ton of 20 gauge chokes through all my setups hands down the most reliable for the majority of shells is the .575 tightwad. That choke has to be the greatest buy in turkey chokes out there...imo...It even shoots lights out in 12 gauge and out performs 150 dollar chokes regularly.  Good luck!
I agree. Shoots TSS 9, Hevi 6, and Fed. HW7 good out of this 870. An TSS 9's of of Win. 1300 22".
Also various lead shells from Mossberg youth pump.

RED NECK

I must have had a typo, as the tightwad is a .570,not .575.  I put one in a 12 gauge browning bps nwtf that I had bought last year slightly used and never shot yet.I then tried 3" longbeard 5's last weekend and It was as good a pattern as I have ever seen from a longbeard shell and I have shot my 12 ga bps with a .675 kicks and lb 3.5" 5"s since they came out. 40 yards, I am buying another one for my other bps to mess with after season.

These tightwads are better than any other primos choke I have or do own and honestly better than most,if not all of the over priced "names" on most other chokes. For myself, It would have to be the best "turkey deal" going for equipment.

And do not get me wrong,there are a lot of excellent chokes,companies with a higher price tag that are worth the price.Lots of choices today,It is like a kid in a candy store.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........