OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Stevens 301 410

Started by turkeymanjim, April 01, 2021, 03:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

turkeymanjim

What do you think of this pattern with stevens 301 410, federal tss #9 shot at 40 yards measured with rangfinder. This is the factory choke that came with gun.Second picture is the wad that I picked up off the ground after the shot. There is about 15 to 20 tss pellets still in the wad that never came out. Anyone else see this with federal tss 410 loads.
Thanks Jim

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

joey46

Very acceptable 40 yard pattern IMO. The shot in the wad has been discussed on several forums. The amount you're showing is more than most.  Five or six pretty common.

Googan69

Quote from: turkeymanjim on April 01, 2021, 03:30:47 PM
What do you think of this pattern with stevens 301 410, federal tss #9 shot at 40 yards measured with rangfinder. This is the factory choke that came with gun.Second picture is the wad that I picked up off the ground after the shot. There is about 15 to 20 tss pellets still in the wad that never came out. Anyone else see this with federal tss 410 loads.
Thanks Jim

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Look at Indian Creek chokes. Pair that with Apex TSS #9.5's and your pattern will improve significantly. As discussed previously in many forums with the Stevens 301 you need to make sure you have a spotless barrel to get your best pattern. 

jmart241

Exactly what Googan said