OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Remington 11-48 .410 won't shoot Federal TSS  (Read 1060 times)

Offline fleasmokey

Remington 11-48 .410 won't shoot Federal TSS
« on: March 30, 2021, 09:55:39 PM »
Hoping maybe someone on here can help. I have a Remington 11-48 .410, 3" and shorter shells, fixed full choke. I've fired 2 1/2" shells through it no problem. I haven't tried any standard lead 3" shells because I can't find any right now. When I tried shooting the 3" Federal TSS, I'd pull the trigger and hear the firing pin click but it doesn't seem to touch the primer. The TSS shells fit in the chamber and to my eye seat just like the 2 1/2" shells, so I don't think it's a length issue. I talked to a gunsmith and he said "Did you pull the bolt out and clean it?" I said no, and went home and did that. Still won't shoot the TSS but still shoots the standard loads... So I called Federal, and talked to a guy who was really helpful, but couldn't really tell me why it won't shoot them, but he did say that in the development stages they weren't necessarily thinking about the Remington 11-48 ;) SOOOO anyone on here have any thoughts on why it won't shoot em? Also anyone else hunting with a .410 11-48 and shooting TSS through it?

Thanks!

(I posted this first in the "Turkey Guns" board and then saw there was a .410 specific board)