turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Replace Stock 870

Started by adeichold, March 27, 2021, 06:02:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adeichold

I have a Remington 870 that I want to replace the stock on. I am looking for a factory stock in mossy oak breakup. I have been looking on eBay, but have not found what I want yet. Does anyone have any suggestions as to the best way to find this? Also, I assume if I buy a factory one it should go on my 15 year old 870 without any problems right?

Thanks!

lowoctane

That's probably your best place to find a set and it should fit fine... :camohat:
I'm Old School...
GOD, GUTS AND GUNS
MADE AMERICA GREAT,
LET'S KEEP ALL THREE!
NRA Endowment
NAHC Life

Ozarks Hillbilly

I am going to assume you are talking 12 gauge.  Any 870 12 gauge stock should fit your shotgun weather it is factory or aftermarket.  Providing the replacement is also for a 870 12 gauge.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

jordanz7935

Yes itll fit. Only thing thats different is the wood stocks take a different length stock bolt than the synthetic stocks do. Remington parts used to be a dime a dozen but as you know they are really hard to find at a decent price nowadays.

adeichold

Yeah it's a 12 gauge. It is a wooden stock, so that's good to know about the bolt length. Any suggestions on where to find the right bolt? Thanks

Ozarks Hillbilly

Parts are getting tougher to find. I would try Gunbroker

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

adeichold

Upon doing some research it sounds like the synthetic stocks take a 10 1/4" bolt. Agreed?