OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

A few 20ga questions

Started by ShortMagFan, March 28, 2021, 06:34:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShortMagFan

So I like my son's M2 20ga compact so much I ordered myself an M2

His gun (24" with forcing cone lengthened) is shooting Federal 1000fps TSS thru a Sumtoy 562 choke. This is the only load I've ever tried in it. It throws a good killing pattern at 40 yards but not crazy tight (200 in the 10"). Well enough for our uses but could probably do better. I'm planning to try some apex and boss TSS in it at some point. Any suggestions? Will the 1100fps federal TSS shoot any different?

For my new gun (26"), I've got a Rhino 575 choke in the safe that isn't being used that I thought I'd try. Not much out there about 575 chokes. Any suggestions for a starting point for TSS shells? Thought I'd try a Federal 1000fps, federal 1100 fps, apex and Boss 2oz load

In an ideal world both guns would end up shooting the same load but with different barrel lengths and chokes that might be a pipe dream. I'm not opposed to swapping chokes between guns (though they'll both be used at the same time) or buying more chokes, just thought I'd start with what I've got.

Not sure if I've asked a bunch of questions or none at all but welcome any thoughts anyone had

Gmed

Here is my 24" barrel Affinity...almost the same, but different...and three patterns using the 1100fps #9s. I am using the .562 Sumtoy, but the Jebs were good too....either .565 or .575

ShortMagFan

Thanks that's helpful

I like the looks of your gun. The one I ordered is Tungsten cerakote and Gore Optifade Timber camo

I'm going with a speed bead instead of a rail. My sons had a rail and it works well

Curtdawg88

I shoot a Carlson 575 in my 870 youth model. Not sure on barrel length but it's pretty short. I've only used the Federal TSS #9s and it throws great hunting pattern. I don't have numbers cuz I liked the looks of it and said good enough for what I want. Hopefully that was somewhat helpful to you...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"Life is tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid."