OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Mossberg 500 20 Gauge 22"  (Read 5057 times)

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
Re: Mossberg 500 20 Gauge 22"
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2022, 06:16:09 PM »
I ended up carrying this gun a handful of days, near end of my season last year after getting it setup with the bushnell red dot, I can't say enough of how much I like this little gun. I am debating on taking a ride in the next few weeks and picking up a new one in obsession camo and attaching a pistol grip to it,setting it up to shoot tss #7's and it being the gun I travel with to the USA for my turkey hunting which will resume for next spring, if all goes as planned.

I will be adding a red dot as well but I am leaning towards a vortex sparc solar for this one. I have been looking for the mossberg 20 gauge semi for 2 years but I can not find it up here, and I can get this gun local. I like everything about this gun and the pattern it throws from basically anything I have tried,other than the kent has been outstanding with different chokes.
Browning'....“The Best There Is”

Austin 3:16...........

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2022, 12:56:44 PM »
I stopped in and left a deposit for the 20 gauge obsession bantam this morning and I'll be picking it up in a week or so, i couldn't let this slip away, it was the last one he has. I tried to locate a .410 semi but It will be months,maybe 6 before I can get it. So I figured I should get this gun while I could.

If It patterns like my other one does. I'm pretty sure It will, pretty happy to be able to find this little gun, new and close by.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2022, 05:59:46 PM »
I picked up my obsession camo 20 gauge super bantam today and I installed the pistol grip right away and deep cleaned the barrel with hoppes #9, It took me about 10 minutes to get this barrel spotless.I'll try and get some pictures up later tonight after dinner.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2022, 08:10:56 PM »
Here are some pictures,I'll get it setup this week with some sort of red dot,I am just not sure what one I will use yet, I have a handful of other chokes that are in other guns but these three will no doubt work, .570 primos tightwad,.560 trulock and a .572 undertaker.

Offline RED NECK

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • Pucker up............
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2022, 02:25:12 PM »
I sighted in and patterned the new mossy 500 with the pistol grip today, I am using a bushnell trs 25,and a .560 trulock pinhoti, I tested hevi mag blends and federal Grand slam #5's, I would be happy with the gs #5's to 40-45 yards and the mag blends a little further. I didn't need to test any other shells as both these patterned further than I'll shoot at a turkey, no tss needed for this gun. I took pictures of all my targets but I'll keep them off of here as I want to follow the rules. ;)