OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best wild turkey breast I’ve eaten so far..  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Ranman

• The Boss Gobbler
Best wild turkey breast I’ve eaten so far..
« on: March 28, 2021, 11:21:13 AM »
I’ve tried multiple ways to enjoy wild turkey with only marginal results. Up until recently, the only way I liked it was fried bite sized pieces. I was fortunate to get a couple birds this past weekend and I cooked one of the breasts with my Sousvide. Wow, it was delicious. I put a little olive oil on the breast, seasoned with Montreal chicken, sealed it in a ziplock, and cooked with the sousvide on 145 degrees for 3 hours. Man was it tasty and tender.

Offline Luigi Daniele

Re: Best wild turkey breast I’ve eaten so far..
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2021, 04:36:51 PM »
I have yet to try this method. I need to change that soon.

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2021, 08:38:44 PM »
Never heard of a Sousvide, is it a deepfryer of some sort? Looking at the website it mentions cooking with water at one point so I am not sure what it is. Thanks.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2021, 07:15:43 AM »
Never heard of a Sousvide, is it a deepfryer of some sort? Looking at the website it mentions cooking with water at one point so I am not sure what it is. Thanks.
Sous vide is a preparation where the meat is left in a container, usually a temp safe vacuum sealed bag, submerged in water and cooked at a desired and controlled temperature by heating the water. Usually the temp will be the low end of the meat’s threshold. What you accomplish by doing that is a piece of meat that is perfectly cooked internally. Then you can take it out and flash sear it, broil, etc. to get the desired prep externally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk