OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Pot call opinions?  (Read 4428 times)

Offline Mnrookie

Pot call opinions?
« on: March 27, 2021, 10:16:44 PM »
Im looking for a solid pot call under 50.00.
Any opinions and options you have used, what kind and your thoughts are appreciated.
Contact information included please.

Offline rakkin6

• Longbeard
Re: Pot call opinions?
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2021, 07:12:23 AM »
There is a Mike Yingling crystal I. The classifieds for $40.00 right now that is a good deal.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Online ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »
If you’ll go on eBay right now it’s the last day of the listings for the calls from the Great Lakes Open. Just search “Great Lakes Open NWTF” and all those calls will show up. There’s currently a bunch of great pots available still under $50. I wouldn’t hesitate at all on any of the Paul Hicks in particular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BigSlam51

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 10:01:40 AM »
There will be more pots listed on ebay from the great lakes comp after these auctions expire.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Offline captpete

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 11:04:38 AM »
If you’ll go on eBay right now it’s the last day of the listings for the calls from the Great Lakes Open. Just search “Great Lakes Open NWTF” and all those calls will show up. There’s currently a bunch of great pots available still under $50. I wouldn’t hesitate at all on any of the Paul Hicks in particular.

Some good calls listed there. Paul Hick's Osage glass call is a steal right now at $33 and the John Haines glass call is also a steal at $35 right now.

Offline albrubacker

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 04:10:10 PM »

Some good calls listed there. Paul Hick's Osage glass call is a steal right now at $33 and the John Haines glass call is also a steal at $35 right now.
Thanks for sharing!
The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

Offline Boykin Hollow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2021, 06:33:01 PM »
Mike Yingling makes a fine call and if you can purchase one for 40 bucks then that is a steal

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 08:42:30 PM »
For right at $50 I would say Darrin dawkins stoned aluminum or crystal or slate in his plastic pot.

Under $50 definitely plug in "great lakes turkey" on ebay and check out the selection. Or any of Cane Creek calls and Enticer pots
« Last Edit: April 04, 2021, 09:44:44 AM by BTH »
Phil 4:13

Offline PEte_A

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2021, 07:26:06 AM »
For right at $50 I would say Darrin dawkins stoned aluminum or crystal or slate in his plastic pot.

Under $50 definitely plug in "great lakes turkey" on ebay and check out the selection. Or any of Cane Creek calls pots.

I hadn’t had my Dawkins aluminum in the plastic pot out in a while. Got it out after seeing this and yes, it’s a great call, especially for $50.

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2021, 06:10:04 PM »
call Buster Halford and get a red slate in a persimmon pot, i think they are 50 bucks!

Offline owego

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2021, 05:56:14 AM »
Nothing more solid , works wet or dry, come with two strikers, works on the back for close work , works with slight touch & has a life time glass Guarantee.

Offline owego

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2021, 05:57:06 AM »
Click this link http://www.enticerturkeycalls.com/shop/turkey-calls/wet-wonder/

Offline dixiemagnum80

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2021, 01:19:33 PM »
Not sure where you’re located, or where you travel, but if you get anywhere near Atlanta, GA you should stop and see Lonnie Mabry. You could pick up a couple calls and make memory you’ll never forget for $50.

Online Sixes

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2021, 05:29:50 PM »
Not sure where you’re located, or where you travel, but if you get anywhere near Atlanta, GA you should stop and see Lonnie Mabry. You could pick up a couple calls and make memory you’ll never forget for $50.

Not anymore. Lonnie is 40 for a pot and 75 for a box

He doesn't normally sell calls in turkey season either in less you get lucky and catch him at home.

The man is a hunter and not just a call builder.

But Heck yeah, if the OP is in the area, Lonnie is a great feller!

Offline gergg

• Longbeard
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2021, 10:06:48 PM »
I have a couple of Chris Brumfiel pots, very economical..... Osage - Alum/Alum....and they are awesome. I would put them up against just about anything, they are alive with great tone in the woods.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 07:49:36 AM by gergg »
https://www.gwaltneygamecalls.com/

Greg Gwaltney Game Calls
2022 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call (Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 2nd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet)
2021 NWTF Grand Nationals - 5th Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF Grand Nationals - 3rd Place Air Operated Call(Trumpet Call)
2019 NWTF S.E. Call Makers Contest - 4th Place Trumpet Calls