OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Best quality blind to buy ?  (Read 3704 times)

Offline Bobby5

Best quality blind to buy ?
« on: March 27, 2021, 03:30:57 PM »
 I’ve searched and it seems everybody says a double bull blind is the best blind to buy. When I do a search the only thing that pops up is the primos double bull blind. Is this what everybody is recommending or a different brand ?  I’m looking for a quality blind I can just leave out for months and last years. I’d rather buy once cry once then keep buying cheap ones. I’ll use it for bow hunting as well.
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Jroddc

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Best quality blind to buy ?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 03:36:30 PM »
It’s the same brand, Primos bought double bull a few years back.

Offline bigriverbum

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2021, 09:15:53 AM »
https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/primos-double-bull-surroundview-270-blind

Offline Ranman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 09:49:09 AM »
I had a cheap Amerstep blind last 5-6 years, and I left it out all year round. I have a Primos now, and it is a nicer blind. Easier to set up, and I like the window configuration better. It only stays out during deer and turkey season. It is about 10years old.

Offline silvestris

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 12:45:16 PM »
I have an original Double Bull, bought for  bowhunting.  For the last ten years it has remained in its proper place, the storage room.
“[T]he changing environment will someday be totally and irrevocably unsuitable for the wild turkey.  Unless mankind precedes the birds in extinction, we probably will not be hunting turkeys for too much longer.”  Ken Morgan, “Turkey Hunting, A One Man Game

Offline Sir-diealot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2021, 12:48:59 PM »
If you are going to leave it out do your best to keep it in the shade, regardless of what is used to make it the sun just straight out destroys blinds. Best spring steel blind I have every owned was the Ameristep Roundhouse, wish they still made them.

I have 2 blinds from Barronett Blinds The Ox 5 and the Pentagon, both are hub blinds and I have to say I much prefer the spring steel blinds, they are much easier to put up and take down.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

Offline howl

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2021, 10:27:38 PM »
The rise of a hill is hard to beat.

Offline MK M GOBL

• Double Beard
  • Gobbler Guru
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2021, 10:53:03 PM »
I have a number of Double Bull Blinds from their Originals to some of the "Primos" branded ones. I really do like the "Double Wide" versions of them.

The others I am not so fond of is the first round of surround views, have hunted them a few times and IMO they have some issues... I did see that they did a re-design to fix some this.

No matter what blind you use you need to have the back walls "Blacked Out" if not game WILL see you/motion under certain conditions.

I could go over my experiences, with rain, cold, snow and wind to name a few but I'll guess you can figure a bit of that out. or just PM and I can give details.

One other blind to look at is a XENEK Ground Blinds.

MK M GOBL

Offline Alex T.

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2021, 03:59:53 PM »
I have a Primos ground vision max(discontinued now) that has remained in perfect condition for probably 10 years or so. I spray silicone spray on the roof every year or two to help with heavy rain and have never had a leak yet. I bought a Barronett OX5 for this year since my grandson goes along too. Heavy duty blind and I wouldn’t hesitate to leave it out for long durations. It has more of a cloth fabric compared to my other blind.

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2021, 04:37:01 PM »
WTF are these blank Tweet symbols I'm getting with these posts?

Offline Number17

• Pennsylvania 4E
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 08:02:59 PM »
I have a number of Double Bull Blinds from their Originals to some of the "Primos" branded ones. I really do like the "Double Wide" versions of them.

The others I am not so fond of is the first round of surround views, have hunted them a few times and IMO they have some issues... I did see that they did a re-design to fix some this.

No matter what blind you use you need to have the back walls "Blacked Out" if not game WILL see you/motion under certain conditions.

MK M GOBL

I sold the 270 surround view and bought a Double Bull Evader. I'm much happier with the solid fabric than the see through mesh, especially on sunny days movement is very detectable through the mesh. Kids just don't sit still no matter what......especially all 3 at once.
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls

Offline Ethanb214

• Instagram: Ethan_baxt
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2021, 08:24:13 AM »
I forget which one it is but check out the summit 2 person/3 person blinds. Lots of room for me in my 2 person, just wish I had a little more height, probably just me using too tall of a chair though. The blind has lots of windows with fairly quiet slides to open and close them and the mesh windows on the inside of the canvas is perfect I can leave one window open, and keep the mesh closed all the way during rifle season and I can poke my barrel through the mesh and still see through the mesh with my scope it’s fantastic.

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2021, 11:48:20 AM »
The Double Bull Evader looks interesting...

https://www.rogerssportinggoods.com/Double-Bull-Evader-Ground-Blind

I have a Double Bull Double Wide (pre-SurroundView) and a Dark Horse.  They're nice to hunt out of, but they're a bigger pain to pack in and out than cheaper, lighter Ameristeps.  They're good for leaving in place through the entire deer season, though.

Offline jk6140

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2021, 04:16:17 AM »
Get yourself a bling hog blind bag. You wont regret it. I can tote in my double bull, 2 chairs, and 3-4 dsd decoys with no issues. Its a bit heavy, but totes great.

Offline High plains drifter

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2021, 12:51:43 AM »
I've owned a Primos double bull for 10 years. Great blind.