turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Hevi 13 2.25oz 3.5” #6

Started by Txag12, March 24, 2021, 11:04:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Txag12

It looks like hevi shot discontinued all of their hevi-13 lineup. They confirmed it via email this week. The Hevi 13 2.25oz 3.5" #6 was my favorite load in my gun. Little disappointing to see it go. Has anyone seen any of this load available online? All retailers I can think of are out of stock

AppalachianHollers

Why ever did they, I wonder? Going all in on TSS? Seems odd when they had a proprietary product that was between Winchester LB's and TSS in performance, and price.
I have a box of 5 that I recently rediscovered. Don't guess I'll bother running it if there's no replacing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bbcoach

WOW!!!!  Glad I've got a lifetime supply of those GREAT shooting lot number 3 1/2 #7's from 10 years ago.  No TSS for me at $10 to $20 a shell. 

mightyjoeyoung

I just happen to be selling 17 rounds of 6s and 7s in the classifieds... ;D
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

the Ward

Maybe they are having a hard time sourcing raw materials to make the shot. Or the cost of tungsten is making the h13 loads cost as much as the tss offerings and losing too much profit per shell. Could just be a temporary thing, but with Federal and Winchester in the tss game now, it will probably be harder for smaller companies to compete with their buying power of bulk components.

Turkeytider

That`s not good news. My fave turkey load is the Hevi-13 3", 2oz. # 6. Have a pretty good supply that should last most likely the rest of my turkey hunting career.

2eagles

I bought a bunch of Hevi #7 for my 20 gauge, probably a lifetime supply, because I can't use 9's in Iowa. It wouldn't surprise me if soon Iowa will catch up and make 9's legal and I'll be sitting on my Hevi. Oh well they'd make a great goose over decoys load.

AppalachianHollers

Quote from: 2eagles on March 25, 2021, 11:51:36 AM
I bought a bunch of Hevi #7 for my 20 gauge, probably a lifetime supply, because I can't use 9's in Iowa. It wouldn't surprise me if soon Iowa will catch up and make 9's legal and I'll be sitting on my Hevi. Oh well they'd make a great goose over decoys load.
I dare say you could pummel geese with Hevi-13 7's at a much greater distance than that.

outdoorsmen

I guess I planned ahead....who wants some?

Txag12

Quote from: outdoorsmen on March 25, 2021, 03:00:41 PM

I guess I planned ahead....who wants some?

That's a heck of a stock pile! I've looked all over here and nada on the shelves left

2eagles

Quote from: AppalachianHollers on March 25, 2021, 01:27:22 PM
Quote from: 2eagles on March 25, 2021, 11:51:36 AM
I dare say you could pummel geese with Hevi-13 7's at a much greater distance than that.

No doubt! We usually field hunt and seldom shoot'm if their not locked to land in the decoys.

Longshanks

Have 4 boxes of the 3.5/2.25/6's that I will sell if anyone wants them.