OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Rem 870 .410 Turkey

Started by RED NECK, March 22, 2021, 07:15:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RED NECK

Someday, I hope that our mnr updates our game laws into the 21st century and allows shot size higher that 7's and maybe,maybe even .410's .The new shotshells and chokes have come so far.

Seeing as I can't turkey hunt with a .410 but do a lot of grouse hunting and have 2 lab pups,well 1.5 year olds now. I have been looking at a .410 for grouse, and someday turkey, I came across the Rem 870 .410 and sent an email out to purchase it. I am waiting to hear back from shop but should have it within 30 days or so.

We are planning a week of grouse hunting and fishing up north this fall,and this gun will be perfect to carry and hunt with.
Browning'...."The Best There Is"

Austin 3:16...........

RED NECK

I finally got done playing phone and email tag and put $400 down on this little gun and will have it in a few weeks,It will give me something to tinker and mess with during turkey season,up at camp when not hunting. I am going to set it up to shoot grouse and eventually, turkey hunting. I may even use it as my travel gun to the usa for some turkey hunting,for states that allow them, in the future if we ever are able to travel.

I see it does not come with the hardware to mount a sling, I can only find 12 & 20 ga hardware,maybe I'll just use a slip on sling.

Critter

I just picked mine up yesterday. I think if I was going to hunt other than turkey I would remove the rail and install a regular bead for such work. I feel the current sights would cover too much for wing shooting but maybe not. I also saw I have to install swivels which is a big miss in my book for this guns intended purpose. I've installed plenty so I'll order a set and install them myself. Midwest gun works has tubes for them in other choke constrictions if you're so inclined.
Friends & Family Outdoors
Spread the Addiction!

RED NECK

When I put the deposit on this gun,I was told it was the tss .410 but when I went to pay remaining on it,the guy opened box and it was not the tss .410. He felt bad,and months later he sent me an email telling me of another tss .410 from a different shop,he knows one of the reps.I called today and it is indeed the tss .410. I will have it in my hands in a few weeks. I couldn't ask for better service from both spots. I am excited to get this gun,mostly for grouse hunting,and someday turkeys

Critter

So what was the one that was in the box?
Friends & Family Outdoors
Spread the Addiction!

outdoorsmen

Back in the late 90s I went through 4 remington
410 870s.  I returned then all cause they all had feeding issues. Plastic gets shaved off the shell while loading, therefore not smooth action and hard to pump. All 4 were the same. Hope they figured it out by now.

RED NECK

I used my deposit on a red dot and decided to stick with my 301 .410 for the time being. If we are ever allowed to use .410's for turkey then i'll add a semi or pump but I couldn't justify the $1000 after taxes and shipping for this gun at this time.