Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Production call prices....what's driving them so high???

Started by Ole Satilla, March 19, 2021, 03:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ole Satilla

What in the world is driving the price of 10 year old Primos, Lohman and a few others so high? I seen a Primos freak go for over 300 this week. Thunderdome's are well over 100...saw a HS Strut grand national go for 125....I'm just wondering if anyone knows what has these calls in such high demand right now?

ol bob

Because some one that don't have one is willing to pay it. don't make it worth that.

ChesterCopperpot

I call it the MeatEater phenomena.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pluffmud

Like everything else that has some age to it and isn't in production anymore... Nostalgia. Retro. The good ole days.
Psalm 46:10

Greg Massey

It all depends on how deep your pockets are and what your welling to pay for calls to add to your collection, older meant calls, will bring more than less meant calls. How available these calls are and vintage plays into it also. Supply and demand...

bbcoach

Probably on Ebay, right???  We see and hear this All the time.  As some have said, it's what the market will pay or a seller is driving up the price from their end.

Yoder409

Bubbles expand.  Then they burst.

Write down some of the selling prices of some of these eBay treasures.  Then watch what you can get one for in the next 18 months.  Most of them won't stay near as high as they are now.  And some that are cheap now will move up to replace them.   Production calls on eBay are a roller coaster ride.  If you want in......the coaster will not always be at the top.   Just wait.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Ole Satilla

I understand that it's supply and demand, I've been buying turkey calls and turkey hunting related books for 20 years. I've just never seen mass produced calls go for what they are now.

Yoder409

It just may have been the ones you weren't paying attention to.

10-15 years ago, the Herter's 107 call would bring $150.    Can get one today for 25% of that, or less.

Just one example off the top of.my head.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Crghss

Time is the most valuable thing a man can spend. ...

Yoder409

PA elitist since 1979

Ihuntoldschool

The calls you mentioned have a long reputation of being high quality production calls.  They don't make them anymore.  Their quality reputation and lack of availability.  Simple economics, supply and demand.   

MK M GOBL

Supply and Demand is the easy answer.

When I first started turkey hunting I was just buying what was on the shelf at the store. Now if I liked a call I'd buy a second/backup for JIC and then again if my dad liked it too. I have given away a lot of old calls to kids and to some newbies. Lately I have seen some of these calls going for crazy prices, some of my old ones never out of the box. I will admit I have made some money on these and put it to other things, I still have the "mine" and sold the extras. Just sold a Original Primos lil' Heart Breaker still in the box for some $$$ and the other sits on my "collectibles" table others. Only one I every regret giving away was a Primos Battey Slate I had, was a sweet little call.

MK M GOBL

Old Gobbler

Duck and goose hunters are far more liberal with spending money on new duck calls $150-175 acrylic than turkey hunters who criticize pot calls for selling over $100...thats new call prices

Its my assumption that the majority of turkey call prices accross the board low end/ high end are repressed with the price points .. it could be a number reasons for causing this but ill keep back on commenting why

As far as the collectable pricing on production calls that too on turkey calls is low ...IMO
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

FL-Boss

Supply and demand. They are only selling for that much $$ because they can.. it's quite simple.