OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Truglo sight help  (Read 1276 times)

Offline TJR

Truglo sight help
« on: March 18, 2021, 04:44:20 PM »
Hey guys so I have an older 20 gauge 870 wing master that I just purchased a set of true glow fiber optic sights for. The problem is they won’t fit on the vent rib. The packaging says it fits Remington shotgun‘s. Although they do say most but I wouldn’t think a wing master would be that unusual. Have any of you guys had issues with install on these sights? Maybe I’m doing something wrong or missing a step on the install but it seems pretty self-explanatory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Vintage

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
Re: Truglo sight help
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 05:14:15 PM »
The ribs on the 20 gauge and 12 gauge are different sizes. I would say that your 20 is smaller than the 12 and the gobble dot you purchased is for the 12 gauge.

Offline TJR

Re: Truglo sight help
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 05:17:36 PM »
The ribs on the 20 gauge and 12 gauge are different sizes. I would say that your 20 is smaller than the 12 and the gobble dot you purchased is for the 12 gauge.
Truglo doesn’t specify by gauge anywhere I see. they specify by vent rib size which they say all Remington’s or quarter inch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk