OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Burris Fast Fire 3 ISSUE  (Read 3587 times)

Offline longbeards

Burris Fast Fire 3 ISSUE
« on: March 18, 2021, 03:30:17 PM »
I am setting up a Benelli M2 20 compact for turkey.
I ordered a FF3 and Speedbead Mount.
The sight mounted with both spacers is still many feet low! Called
Burris and they told me I have to order a spacer from another company!
It’s only 12$ but not happy with the delay....and the fact Burris doesn’t sell one!

Here’s the kicker, buddy set up the identical gun and has no issues!

Burris says it varies from gun to gun!!

The shim lifts the front of the sight to raise point of impact, this means the sight is not
level. They assure me that it will not effect the point of impact at different distances.
I don’t know how....

Anyone else encounter this?

Offline buck_hunter21

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Burris Fast Fire 3 ISSUE
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2021, 04:36:22 PM »
Sorry to hear that. I set up my first FFIII yesterday afternoon and had no issues.
Spill Blood

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2021, 08:20:11 AM »
I would drill and tap the gun.   That should fix the problem.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline CALLM2U

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2021, 08:39:01 AM »
I'm not at all a fan of the speedbead mounts.  I would drill and tap the gun.  Local gunsmiths should be able to do it for a decent price if you're not able to do it yourself. 

Offline longbeards

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2021, 09:52:17 PM »
The reason I didnt drill and tap the new 20 is that I really like being able to shoot the Tru Glo Pro Sights and the Fastfire,,,,,My M1 I bought 20 years ago is set up this way, if you put a mt on the receiver, it puts the FF3 to high up and cant use sights...With Speadbead you can shoot either or....That make since?

bring on season

Offline BINK McCARTY

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Beak first in th' dirt...
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 03:19:37 AM »
I had to do the exact thing to mine. Shimmed it, shot it, fixed it !

Offline stinkpickle

• Long Spur Gobbler
  • "Milk was a bad choice!"
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2021, 09:57:16 AM »
I used a Marlin 336 base on my M2, and it sits low enough that I can still see the Williams Fire Sights mounted on the rib near the bottom of the window.

Offline tonyzzzz

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2021, 05:56:00 PM »
I purchased a Meadow Creek Rib mount for my Benelli and it is a nice low profile fit.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2021, 07:45:44 PM by tonyzzzz »

Offline Uncle Tom

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2021, 06:53:40 PM »
I used a Marlin 336 base on my M2, and it sits low enough that I can still see the Williams Fire Sights mounted on the rib near the bottom of the window.
I also mounted my Fastfire III on the Marlin 336 mount on my 870, can see the Gobble Dot sight mounted on my rib...lines up with the red dot on the Fastfire. Have any problems got two sight.

Offline Number17

• Pennsylvania 4E
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 08:42:54 AM »
I am setting up a Benelli M2 20 compact for turkey.
I ordered a FF3 and Speedbead Mount.
The sight mounted with both spacers is still many feet low! Called
Burris and they told me I have to order a spacer from another company!
It’s only 12$ but not happy with the delay....and the fact Burris doesn’t sell one!

Just a few thoughts on this:

If you continue to add spacers to raise the sight, your point of impact will get lower and lower........the opposite of what you're trying to do.
If you remove the spacers to get the sight to sit lower, the point of impact will rise.
At this point remove all spacers and start from there.

When you are turning the screws with the little blue screwdriver to move the actual red dot, are you moving it in the right direction? If you are trying to bring the pattern up, move the dot DOWN.
Also, make sure you are loosening and tightening the "lock" screws as you move the dot around.

I forget without looking at it, but you have to be mindful of what the "up" and "down" arrows indicate. Whether it moves the dot up or down.....or the point of impact up or down. They are counter indicators and possibly counter intuitive.
Whenever i sight on in, I get the gun on a good rest so it doesn't move....then start turning the screw and see which way the dot moves. Again, if you're trying to bring your pattern up, move the dot down.

Also if you shim the front on the sight to raise it......that will cause you to shoot lower.

I think you're working in the opposite direction.

If your barrel bead shoots point of aim, remove all spacers and stack the red dot right on top the barrel bead when your cheek is welded to the stock. I have my 870 with a speed bead set up this way and it shoots dead on.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 09:27:46 AM by Number17 »
#Gun
#Shells
#couple calls