OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Kingslayer mounting screws  (Read 1193 times)

Offline btomlin

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Kingslayer mounting screws
« on: March 17, 2021, 11:37:06 AM »
I dropped my gun and sumtoy mount off at gunsmith this morning for D/T.  Once I get it back, I will be adding my SF kingslayer.  The mounting screws that come with the sight do not appear to be overly long to me.  Do most of you just use the screws that come with your sights or do you add longer screws when mounting?  I think the screws that come with the sight are 6-32x.315L.  I think I have room for .500L(maybe longer) with the sumtoy mount but unsure if the add'l length is worth it. 

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
Re: Kingslayer mounting screws
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 06:06:08 PM »
That mount is 6-32 threads.   
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Kingslayer mounting screws
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2021, 10:00:43 AM »
I have ordered longer screws for nearly all my red dots, including the Kingslayer I recently bought. I have also ordered longer screws for the bases on several guns. If I feel like there is only a couple threads holding either I will order longer screws for my piece of mind. I usually Loc-tite all that I can as when I mount a sighting system on a turkey gun I want it as solid as possible.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters