OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: FF3/Venom/Holosun 507c Which one  (Read 8189 times)

Offline Ridge Rooster

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: FF3/Venom/Holosun 507c Which one
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2022, 07:41:00 PM »
My limited experience with the "shake awake" feature is positive. i have been using the FF3's for years but this year started the season off with a Halosun 407 green dot sight which has the "shake awake" feature. It will not go off on off on while hunting. They come from factory with a default at the 10 minute time frame of inactivity in which it will shut itself off, this can be set for longer durations, and the slightest movement will activate sight and be on. I doubt that most people would be able to hold gun still enough for sight to turn off, it is that sensitive. That being said, I doubt I will give up the simplicity of the FF3's. I also own a Swampfox Justice and Kingslayer along with 5 or 6  FF3's and several Halosuns, green and red dot.

Ridge Rooster
Old School 11-87 + Nitros = Dead Ridge Roosters

Offline lunghit

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #31 on: May 24, 2022, 08:35:54 PM »
My limited experience with the "shake awake" feature is positive. i have been using the FF3's for years but this year started the season off with a Halosun 407 green dot sight which has the "shake awake" feature. It will not go off on off on while hunting. They come from factory with a default at the 10 minute time frame of inactivity in which it will shut itself off, this can be set for longer durations, and the slightest movement will activate sight and be on. I doubt that most people would be able to hold gun still enough for sight to turn off, it is that sensitive. That being said, I doubt I will give up the simplicity of the FF3's. I also own a Swampfox Justice and Kingslayer along with 5 or 6  FF3's and several Halosuns, green and red dot.

Ridge Rooster
I agree about the simplicity of the FF3. Great sight and so easy in the field. I actually got rid of my Trijicon RMR because I did not like the button functions and also because the sight needs to come off to remove the battery. I love the FF3 and have no reason to switch.
"There's only so many spring mornings in a man's lifetime"

Offline Wvgobbler

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2022, 09:03:18 PM »
I really like both of my Burris FF3’s… Can’t go wrong with them.

Offline Glades

« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2022, 02:28:38 PM »
Going through the same decision. There is however a big difference in price:

Burris FF3 - $154.99
Vortex Venom - $249.00
Holosun HS507C - $309.99

Is the holosun worth x2 FF3s? I think Holosun are also made in the philippines with chinese parts, as is the vortex.

Offline Leadchunker

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2022, 04:56:20 PM »
Where are you finding Burris ff3 for $154 thanks

Offline Glades

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2022, 02:32:17 PM »
There are several big retailers on ebay that sell new (non-refurbished) units. Make sure you look at listings from sellers with 10,000+ reviews.
I ordered one from Vergona Outdoors this week for $159.99 ($171.19 w/tax+ship). There is another retailer now that has them listed for $154.99 ("bigfishbuddy" with 188k reviews)

Offline BDeal

« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2022, 09:32:14 AM »
There are several big retailers on ebay that sell new (non-refurbished) units. Make sure you look at listings from sellers with 10,000+ reviews.
I ordered one from Vergona Outdoors this week for $159.99 ($171.19 w/tax+ship). There is another retailer now that has them listed for $154.99 ("bigfishbuddy" with 188k reviews)

I ordered one from Vergona last week as well.