OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: FF3/Venom/Holosun 507c Which one  (Read 8309 times)

Offline tonyzzzz

FF3/Venom/Holosun 507c Which one
« on: March 17, 2021, 09:30:10 AM »
For the life of me I can't make up my mind which one.  All seem about the same.  Only thing leaning me towards the Holosun is the reviews that they are better for astigmatism.  Thoughts?

Offline btomlin

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
Re: FF3/Venom/Holosun 507c Which one
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2021, 11:40:05 AM »
Just in case you haven't heard of them, I bought a swampfox kingslayer after reading some good reviews here.  Newer company.  I haven't got it mounted yet, but think I am really going to like it.  I think I was at $155 from optics planet for it which I thought was a good deal.  All FYI.  good luck

Offline cknpro1

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2021, 02:19:09 PM »
Which one has the most reliable “motion-on”, auto-off feature?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline tonyzzzz

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2021, 09:54:57 PM »
My concern is solid dot and holds zero. 

Offline Elmerfudd

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2021, 12:38:43 AM »
I own the Holosun 507c, Kingslayer and several FF2s and FF3s. I like the holosun as it allows you to change reticle. It’s motion activated wake up is excellent. I’m also pretty fond of the kingslayer with green reticle. Only issue there is no on/off or auto brightness features. It’s also cheaper though and really nice. No issues at all from my Burris units. The gold standard I’d say. I moved away from them just to try something different. Burris has the new FF4which is similar to the holosun with variable reticle etc. If I had to pick one only prob lean holosun

Offline cknpro1

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2021, 07:55:14 AM »
I own the Holosun 507c, Kingslayer and several FF2s and FF3s. I like the holosun as it allows you to change reticle. It’s motion activated wake up is excellent. I’m also pretty fond of the kingslayer with green reticle. Only issue there is no on/off or auto brightness features. It’s also cheaper though and really nice. No issues at all from my Burris units. The gold standard I’d say. I moved away from them just to try something different. Burris has the new FF4which is similar to the holosun with variable reticle etc. If I had to pick one only prob lean holosun
I was thinking about the auto on/off feature - do have to worry about sitting there holding still waiting for Tom to make those final steps into range and it takes 15 mins or more, then he does and your dot has gone off?

Offline btomlin

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2021, 01:35:06 PM »
I was thinking about the auto on/off feature - do have to worry about sitting there holding still waiting for Tom to make those final steps into range and it takes 15 mins or more, then he does and your dot has gone off?

I have no "1st hand knowledge" but I have read where 1 guy said he couldn't walk across a room to his gun standing in the corner without the sight turning on.  That is pretty sensitive and I doubt you would be able to hold that still for the sight to turn off.

Offline cknpro1

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 08:22:25 AM »
Have you hunted with these in the rain?

Offline ncturkey

• Long Spur Gobbler
    • Go hunting and Fishing
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2022, 12:48:12 PM »
I am about to purchase a Holosun 507 with the green dot.
I got the Kingslayer green circle on 870 and I like it.
Just going try the Holosun 507 for the multi reticles.

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2022, 02:27:24 PM »
Burris or Vortex 1st choice then the Holosun.    Now we adding some of the Sig stuff now. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline 30_06

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Esse quam videri
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2022, 05:42:39 PM »
The Burris FF III has worked well for me.

Esse quam videri

Online Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2022, 09:19:29 PM »
The Burris FF III has worked well for me.

Esse quam videri

X2, I have good luck with them too….
“Solo hunter”

Offline Abomb

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2022, 11:07:14 AM »
Burris or Vortex 1st choice then the Holosun.    Now we adding some of the Sig stuff now.

Reason?

Offline SumToy

• Double Beard
    • sumtoycustoms
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2022, 03:20:54 PM »
 I just know they stand behind them.   They also been around along time.   

Now we have the Burris in stock also. 
Tell us just how dead do you want them to be and we will see if we can get that for you.
Building American made products with American made CNC's and Steel.  Keep all the service Men and Women that gave a LIFE for our FREEDOM a live when you buy American.  God Bless the USA

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2022, 06:31:29 PM »
I have the Burris FF3, Vortex Venom, and the Swampfox Kingslayer.  I can find no fault with any of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.