turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

G2 Viper problem

Started by Hened up, March 16, 2021, 12:03:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hened up

I got a new Tristar Viper G2 in 20 ga and when you shoot it only slams the next round about half way in and was wondering if anyone else had that problem if so how did you correct it any help would be greatly appreciated

Dtrkyman

Some guns ship with a nasty grease so they do not corrode, some gun scrubber or other cleaner on everything then a light coat of good oil and see what happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hened up

btomlin

Yep...I bet a complete strip down, degrease, relube with the good stuff and I will bet it will function just fine.  Good luck!

vtstrutter

What shells are you using when the gun jambs

rakkin6

Yeah they use that packing grease. You should see the guns we get in the Army. When I say covered I mean covered it it, almost like an axle grease that fills every part of the guns. It is an all day job to clean your new M-4.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

vtstrutter

I have the same gun. There was a light coating of oil on the gun but not something that would cause a jamb. If you read the owners manual it says there is a break in period and to run a full box of magnum shells through it. The gun will not cycle shell with a low muzzle velocity. Mine jambed with low brass shells at 1150fps. Tristar recommends shooting anything over 1275 I believe.

Hened up

What gets me is it shoots 2 3/4 shells fine. I've tried 4 different 3" magnums and it won't cycle any of them. I know the owners manual says use shells that shoot over 1275 but i haven't found any turkey loads that shoot over that.

vtstrutter

I only had the issue with the low brass shells. The 3" shells cycled fine.

Hened up

vtstrutter

I shot a few. Winchester LB, federal HW tss 9s, APEX turkey ninja 8.5s and apex 9s