Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Federal HW #7 and Longbeard XTR #6 Remington 870 Youth

Started by old frank, March 15, 2021, 02:20:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

old frank

Season starts next weekend and my single 20 is still at the gunsmiths so I figured I better check my shotgun and Red Dot.
Overcast and windy at the outdoor range. Using a pistol pit 37 measured yards was the longest I could shoot.
Both Longbeard and Fed HW did about the same. I did bring the pattern up a little after I took the pictures.
Not too bad for lead and I think I can kill a turkey. I like to call them close anyway!

Gmed

That will git r done. I bet that's a .575 choke rather than a .375 if it's a 20 gauge...

old frank

Quote from: Gmed on March 15, 2021, 03:07:20 PM
That will git r done. I bet that's a .575 choke rather than a .375 if it's a 20 gauge...

Exactly, Thanks! Yes 575, there was a disconnect between eyes,brain and pen!
That is what I get for trying to use 74 year old eyes and brain!

owlhoot

Quote from: old frank on March 15, 2021, 03:12:23 PM
Quote from: Gmed on March 15, 2021, 03:07:20 PM

Exactly, Thanks! Yes 575, there was a disconnect between eyes,brain and pen!
That is what I get for trying to use 74 year old eyes and brain!
All been there and done that.  Nice patterns.

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

TrackeySauresRex

Mann I miss them fed 7's! Reasonably priced with some serious knock down power.
"If You Call Them,They Will Come."

albrubacker

The addiction will cost you time and money and alienate those close to you. I can give you the names of a dozen addicts — myself included — whose wives begin to get their hackles up a week before turkey season starts and stay mad until a week after it closes.

—Charlie Elliott

chatterbox

Looks good, and good luck this spring!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sippy cup

If anyone is interested i have 8 boxes of federal heavyweight shells 20 gauge 7s message me or call me at 5409699471
beware of longdale legend

B2H

I would aim a little higher on the head to eliminated pellets in the body of the bird.

mightyjoeyoung

If anybody is looking for the heavyweight 7s, i have 8 boxes for sale on the ammo for sale boards
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.