OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Choke tube suggestions for a stevens 301 20 gauge?

Started by Tca126, March 14, 2021, 08:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tca126

I have ordered a Stevens 301 20 gauge and plan to top it with a Trijicon RMR red dot. I plan to use this gun for run and gun style hunts and for my daughter in a few years. I plan on shooting TSS #9. I have read that the stock choke tube does pretty decent, but always looking for suggestions on some other choke tubes that others are using and getting solid results.

briton

Tss #9 does good out of most chokes I've tried. I would try the factory choke and buy more ammo instead of spending 75-100 on a high end choke. Indian creek, Trulock, Sumtoy, Kicks, Jebs, Comp n Choke are all quality options if your not satisfied with the factory turkey choke.

rakkin6

I am an Indian Creek guy, both my turkey guns shoot phenomenal with them. Both mine are Mossberg 12 Gauges. We just patterned my buddies Winchester SX4 20 gauge with a Jebs Headhunter in .555 and it shot great patterns out to 40 yards with TSS #9. That's has far has we shot it due to not wanting to shoot up his ammo. But he had some Longbeard #6 and it patterned them really well also.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Tca126

rakkin6

Quote from: Tca126 on March 15, 2021, 09:06:53 AM
Any other suggestions?
You could also give Mr. William at Sumtoy Chokes a call. Tell him what kind of gun and shells you are shooting and he will square you away

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER