Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Which one?

Started by TKE921, March 13, 2021, 08:20:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TKE921

As the title says....which one would you hunt.  Same gun, same #9 tss shell.  Same 40yd distance and, believe it or not, exact same choke constriction.  The only change was the manufacturer of the chokes.  In 20" there is exactly a 3 pellet difference.  In the first 10" there is a 64 pellet difference.

3seasons

Both are nice patterns. I like the bottom one the best.  A little more dense in the center but still has some wiggle room on the edges.   I always look for the fliers in the pattern those are the ones I rely on lol

FullChoke

Although both patterns will do the job, I believe that I would go for the top choke tube. I look for a generally evenly distributed pattern in both the 10" and 20" circles. There is a good pattern density inside the 10" and no real head-sized gaps in the 20". Both patterns are shooting a touch high, but that can be remedied by adjusting the elevation on the sight or by aiming at the caruncles.

For either pattern

Cheers  ;D

FC

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

zelmo1

ChesterCopperpot

Top for me too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3bailey3

both look good but i would chose the tip also.