OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Travis Wyatt Pots  (Read 1886 times)

Offline EZ

• Double Beard
  • Gobble THIS!!!
Travis Wyatt Pots
« on: March 13, 2021, 06:09:30 PM »
I just got these two pot calls in the mail yesterday on a trade with Travis. I've always been a fan of his calls, but when we had our conversation, he told me that he really narrowed down what he was building and that he had tweaked slightly his internals and he was pleased how it turned out.

When I played the glass/slate walnut, I was very impressed. Easy rollover and nice raspy back end and the sound "jumped" out of the call. All I could think was "DANG"!!! I didn't want to put it down, but I had another one to try.

Next was the ceramic/glass walnut. After the first 10 seconds of running that call, I was blown away. The nastiest, nasally high pitched front right into a scratchy, raspy back. I definitely didn't want to put this one down and I didn't for a while. This "might" just be my favorite pot call and that's saying a lot considering all the great ones I have. Definitely going in the vest!!!

I hate to put Travis on the spot cause I know he doesn't make a ton of calls, but you NEED to put his calls on your "to get" list. Plus he's a great fellow to talk to.

I sent a couple of guys sound files of both calls that I made on my phone. If anybody would like a sound file, send me your email address and I would be glad to send it to you.

Excellent job Tavis, and Thank You!!!

Offline Meleagris gallopavo

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • I struggle, but still succeed...
Re: Travis Wyatt Pots
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 07:13:00 PM »
Travis is a great guy and I talked to him a good bit when I was thinking about getting one of his calls.  He’s very meticulous.  I got a glass over slate like you did and it’s a good one too!  I may hit him up for a ceramic in the future! 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I live and hunt by empirical evidence.

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2021, 07:18:00 PM »
All I know is you sent me a sound file and I contacted him immediately

Offline twyatt

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2021, 08:19:22 PM »
Thanks guys and thank you Tony!  I’m glad you like it, and thank you for the kind words. I’m pretty sure I’m getting the better end of this trade though.

« Last Edit: March 13, 2021, 09:21:20 PM by twyatt »

Offline BTH

• The Boss Gobbler
  • Proverbs 3:5-6. I like the snood!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2021, 09:27:00 PM »
Love his cedar slate over glass!
Phil 4:13

Offline zsully

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 09:44:48 PM »
EZ I’m going to need you to take this post down. You’re giving away both my secret weapons! I’m kidding of course but in reality I’ve had Travis’ glass/ slate for two years. That calls been the demise of 11 birds in 3 states over the past 2 seasons. The walnut ceramic road in the vest one time last year and resulted in a PA double. In my opinion, he’s building the most underrated ceramic out there. Good luck with those calls this year. Just be careful I’ve had to shoot a couple in self defense coming into those calls.

Offline HookedonHooks

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Longbeard
  • You gotta keep on keepin' on.
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2021, 10:28:29 PM »
I haven't personally ran one of Travis' calls, but his soundfiles and in talking with him, he definitely knows what he's doing.

Offline 870BkWht

• The Boss Gobbler
  • West Virginia
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2021, 11:22:18 PM »
I'll echo what others have said here.  I bought a walnut ceramic from Travis back in September of last year when he was selling some of season calls and immediately I was blown away. It's so responsive to the striker and no matter where it's played at it sounds great.  It has a raspy medium high front end that doesn't sound flat or hollow like some other Ceramic pots I've played do.  It has great volume,  and excellent range of sound abilities.

I'll close by just making some comparisons.  I'd stack Travis' walnut ceramic against Stumpy, and even Gary Anderson pots. ITS THAT GOOD

Offline callmakerman

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2021, 08:55:26 AM »
Travis builds some great pots that's for sure.

Offline zsully

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2021, 08:55:43 AM »
I'll echo what others have said here.  I bought a walnut ceramic from Travis back in September of last year when he was selling some of season calls and immediately I was blown away. It's so responsive to the striker and no matter where it's played at it sounds great.  It has a raspy medium high front end that doesn't sound flat or hollow like some other Ceramic pots I've played do.  It has great volume,  and excellent range of sound abilities.

I'll close by just making some comparisons.  I'd stack Travis' walnut ceramic against Stumpy, and even Gary Anderson pots. ITS THAT GOOD

Shhhhhhhhhh. It’s a secret. LOL

Offline sbbow

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Limbhanger
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2021, 09:16:02 AM »
I have a Cedar red slate that sounds really good!

Offline Bringintheh2o

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2021, 09:49:26 AM »
Travis the word is out. I also recently got one of his ceramics in a walnut pot. It is a phenomenal call.

Offline NCL

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 12:07:56 PM »
Travis builds great calls and he is great to dealing with. I gave several of his calls and would not hesitate to buy another.