OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Help choosing call - Sneed, Woodhaven or Halloran

Started by Rtr1987, March 13, 2021, 01:13:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rtr1987

Trying to choose between a Sneed Outlaw Hen, Halloran Crystal Mistress or Woodhaven Classic Cherry Crystal. I can pick up a Halloran or Woodhaven locally any day and the Sneed has a 7-10 production time. All are basically the same cost. I'm looking for high end and rasp, good rollover and ease of play. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

TalknTurkey

If you're looking for high end and rasp, I would consider Halloran's twisted sister over the crystal mistress. They sound pretty similar, but the TS has more rasp on the backend.

rakkin6

I have the crystal mistress and the twisted sister I agree that the twisted sister has more rasp to it. I also have the woodhaven cherry crystal which is a decent call for a mass produced pot. I am trying to get a lonnie sneed myself so I can't speak on his calls personally but it seems like they get rave reviews. I think out of the calls you listed I would go with the Sneed or one of the Halloran calls.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

jordanz7935

In my experience id go with the twisted sister. The sneed is a great call but if your looking for high end and rasp, id definately go with the halloran.

yelpaholic

a SNEED outlaw hen all day i have all 3 .. my opinion only.

Greg Massey

No doubt get the call form Lonnie Sneed, make sure you get the call signed and you want the cover that's goes alone with the call. You have to think with Loonie call, your holding a call that has meaning and history and sounds good. You will always in the future be able to pickup a Halloran or Woodhaven call..

jmart241

raven105

Agree on the Twisted Sister for the most rasp.

FWIW, I'd still get the Sneed as others have suggested. Nice piece of Turkey history to have that sounds amazing as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rtr1987

Thanks for all the help guys. Just ordered an Outlaw Hen with the lid.

243kid

Halloran TS. Sneeds quality leaves a lot to be desired.

Bowguy

Amen 243. Halloran would be my choice but there's plenty more good ones as well

Layne

Quote from: Rtr1987 on March 13, 2021, 08:00:54 PM
Thanks for all the help guys. Just ordered an Outlaw Hen with the lid.
Good choice.

76chevy

Rtr1987

I had joined the Sneed Turkey Calls page on Facebook and talked to Mr. Sneed's grandson Jason about what I wanted and ordered through him. There is a number you can call also. If you find a pic of either the outlaw hen or hot hen, the number is on the call.

EZ

Quote from: Greg Massey on March 13, 2021, 02:46:53 PM
No doubt get the call form Lonnie Sneed, make sure you get the call signed and you want the cover that's goes alone with the call. You have to think with Loonie call, your holding a call that has meaning and history and sounds good. You will always in the future be able to pickup a Halloran or Woodhaven call..

X2......if ya don't have a Lonnie Sneed call, ya need to get one. The stack of dead gobblers will curse you.