OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Lamar and Mann

Started by Southerngobbler, March 12, 2021, 12:58:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southerngobbler

Here's a couple of recent boxes I got. They both sound pretty incredible.
Lamar Williams made the short box and Steve Mann built the long box

Greg Massey

Really nice calls from 2 great builders .. congrats

packmule

That longbox is sooo nice.  Great looking cedar and poplar, and coming from Steve I know it sounds great.  Congratulations.

sbbow

Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

turkey stew

Congrats on a couple mighty fine callers!

bobk

Congratulations.  Those are two fine callers.

Charlie 51

I've got a long box coming from Steve..did you pick that combo..how does it sound

Southerngobbler

Quote from: Charlie 51 on March 12, 2021, 05:27:34 PM
I've got a long box coming from Steve..did you pick that combo..how does it sound
I just had him make whatever he wanted, he claimed he had a hard time letting it go. It really does sound good, lotta rasp but a lot of different hens as well. There's enough rail there you can find whatever your looking for. He even sent a little clip of him playing it. I'd add it but I can't seem to include a larger attachment.

yelpy

Quote from: Southerngobbler on March 12, 2021, 05:52:19 PM
Quote from: Charlie 51 on March 12, 2021, 05:27:34 PM
I just had him make whatever he wanted, he claimed he had a hard time letting it go. It really does sound good, lotta rasp but a lot of different hens as well. There's enough rail there you can find whatever your looking for. He even sent a little clip of him playing it. I'd add it but I can't seem to include a larger attachment.

One of the best combo's there is!!! Congrat's!!

GobbleGitr

2 living legends, trained by Mr. Cost himself!  Great boxes

Charlie 51

What combo is the Lamar box

3bailey3

Both look great.... congrats

Southerngobbler

Quote from: Charlie 51 on March 12, 2021, 07:26:52 PM
What combo is the Lamar box
Black walnut and mahogany, I have an all walnut call from him and I like the sound of this one better. This one plays as easy as any box call I have.

Yoder409

Two treasures from two greats !!!!

CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.

Oldschoolboxcalls

Those are two awesome calls you have there. I just received a Butternut and cedar Do-Dat from Steve, and i can't believe how good it sounds. Steve said he has some of the best cedar he has ever had rite now.