turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Which one do you hunt?

Started by Gmed, March 11, 2021, 08:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmed

Franchi Affinity - 24" barrel. Federal TSS #9s at a laser measured 40 yards. Which one do you hunt? Gonna sell the other chokes. Gun is not zeroed with any of these chokes...just shot for pattern uniformity and density...I will zero the red dot with the choke I pick...

WV Ridge Reaper

Gmed

Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 11, 2021, 08:44:33 PM
Jebs 565 if it was mine

I was kind of concerned about that tennis ball hole in the .565 pattern at 12 o'clock in the 10/20 ring. Rest of the  pattern looks good to me too....

rem 300

If You decide to sale the sumtoy choke let me know please

WV Ridge Reaper

Quote from: Gmed on March 11, 2021, 08:52:21 PM
Quote from: WV Ridge Reaper on March 11, 2021, 08:44:33 PM
Jebs 565 if it was mine

I was kind of concerned about that tennis ball hole in the .565 pattern at 12 o'clock in the 10/20 ring. Rest of the  pattern looks good to me too....
Aim small miss small..we are shooting shot guns not rifle..every shot is not gonna be hole for hole..I just like the looks of that one better.

The sumtoy would be MY next pick.

Good looking gun to!!

ChesterCopperpot

.575 Jebs. Then the Sumtoy second. But I'd hunt any of the three at that distance. Would be interested in seeing the 20yd patterns. A lot of times I've got chokes that look similar at 40 but the 20yd pattern is  what ultimately makes my decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gmed

Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 11, 2021, 09:20:02 PM
Jebs. Then the Sumtoy second. But I'd hunt any of the three at that distance. Would be interested in seeing the 20yd patterns. A lot of times I've got chokes that look similar at 40 but the 20yd pattern is  what ultimately makes my decision.

I didn't keep the 20yd pictures. Each was huntable with some wiggle room. The .575 was slightly better and .562 was a little tight.

Gmed

Re
Quote from: rem 300 on March 11, 2021, 09:12:39 PM
If You decide to sale the sumtoy choke let me know please

Rem300, I sent you a PM....

ChesterCopperpot

Quote from: Gmed on March 11, 2021, 09:29:10 PM
Quote from: ChesterCopperpot on March 11, 2021, 09:20:02 PM
Jebs. Then the Sumtoy second. But I'd hunt any of the three at that distance. Would be interested in seeing the 20yd patterns. A lot of times I've got chokes that look similar at 40 but the 20yd pattern is  what ultimately makes my decision.

I didn't keep the 20yd pictures. Each was huntable with some wiggle room. The .575 was slightly better and .562 was a little tight.
I'd hunt the .575 then. I like it best at 40 and if the 20yd was better then that's that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

N2TRKYS

83% of all statistics are made up.

crow

paboxcall

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

PoolGobbler

Sweet looking gun and patterns as well!

What was your process of mounting your optic?  I have the same gun that's already drilled and tapped but it seems like there are conflicting suggestions on mount (rail, screws, etc.)

What specific rail did you use and did it come with the correct length screws? Thanks for any help!

Gmed

Quote from: PoolGobbler on March 12, 2021, 10:53:40 AM
Sweet looking gun and patterns as well!

What was your process of mounting your optic?  I have the same gun that's already drilled and tapped but it seems like there are conflicting suggestions on mount (rail, screws, etc.)

What specific rail did you use and did it come with the correct length screws? Thanks for any help!

I think it's a weaver 48339 base. About 20$ and sits low on the gun. I can't remember if the screws were the correct length or not. The front may have been a little long but a couple swipes with a flat file and they were good to go. The red dot weaver/picatinny base that comes with the sight should fit the base without any modifications....

fmf

I like that sumtoy pattern the best