Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Got some new calls!!!

Started by RutnNStrutn, March 10, 2021, 10:57:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RutnNStrutn

Got a nice package in the mail today!! I got aluminum and copper pots, along with 4 strikers - 3 wood strikers each with a different sound, and an aluminum striker. Plus I got an assorted pack of diaphragms. These are all from my friend Tim Sandford of RutNStrut game calls.
The verdict is still out on who came up with their username first , but the verdict is in on the quality and sound of these calls. They are top quality calls and they sound great!!! Thanks Tim!! Can't wait to smoke a gobbler using them!!

Sent from deep in the woods where the critters roam.

mtns2hunt

Wondering what that aluminum striker sounds like and what pots you use it on. Never had any experience with metal strikers. Am I missing some Thing?
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

Dr Juice

Awesome deal and good luck brother

Mountainburd

Nice Rut.  Hope they sound good for you.

Will

Twowithone

Those pots look to be killers especially the copper then bring em in close with the diaphram look out gobbler. :firefighter:
09-11-01 Some Gave Something. 343 Gave All F.D.N.Y.

Sir-diealot

Good looking calls, congratulations.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 11, 2021, 05:18:51 AM
Wondering what that aluminum striker sounds like and what pots you use it on. Never had any experience with metal strikers. Am I missing some Thing?
I had an aluminum striker for years that I played on a double glass call. Unfortunately I lost it in the woods. This one replaces it. It plays both of these pots and the glass. Plus each wood striker has a unique sound. I'm excited to take them in the woods.

ManfromGreenSwamp

Fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

mtns2hunt

Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 12, 2021, 10:53:58 PM
I had an aluminum striker for years that I played on a double glass call. Unfortunately I lost it in the woods. This one replaces it. It plays both of these pots and the glass. Plus each wood striker has a unique sound. I'm excited to take them in the woods.

Thanks for the feed back. I'll look for one to try. I have never seen one for sale before which was why I was curious.
Everyone wants to be successful - some just need help.

RutnNStrutn

Quote from: mtns2hunt on March 13, 2021, 08:26:14 PM
Quote from: RutnNStrutn on March 12, 2021, 10:53:58 PM

Thanks for the feed back. I'll look for one to try. I have never seen one for sale before which was why I was curious.
Call Tim. His contact info is on his card in the picture.

Hayudog

Does the aluminum striker play wet?  Just a thought.

Hayudog

Looked at the web site, didn't see the aluminum striker. And all of the strikers shown have a flair Ed end. Could you send me a sound file of the aluminum striker?  And maybe a comparison to one of your wood strikers on the same pot.  Thx

RutnNStrutn

Doug, I haven't tried it wet, but according to Tim (who I know personally) it will.
I'll see if I can make up a sound file.

suburbhunter