OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Tick Hit Squad  (Read 1160 times)

Offline FullChoke

• Double Beard
  • Central Minnesota
Tick Hit Squad
« on: March 10, 2021, 12:50:05 PM »
http://oldgobbler.com/Forum/index.php/topic,3417.0.html

Whether you use a commercial product or make your own soaking solution, take the time before season opens to prepare your hunting clothes with a Permethrin based treatment to eliminate the threat of tick and chigger bites this year. Ticks can be a very real problem in different areas of the country in the spring and can carry and infect you with the bacterium Borrelia burgdorferi. People are becoming more aware of the long term problems that tick bites can create.  Do yourself and your loved ones a favor and treat your clothes.  Permethrin doesn't just repel ticks, it actually kills them rather quickly from simply making contact with it on your clothes. It has been proven to be benign to humans when applied per instructions and allowed to dry completely prior to wearing.  Since I have been treating my turkey hunting clothes with Permethrin each spring going on 10 years now, I have found ZERO ticks, redbugs or chiggers on me. Zip, zero. nada!

Enjoy your spring turkey season without having to worry about this preventable problem. You got other things that your attention needs to be focused on.

Cheers  ;D

FullChoke

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.

Offline xarcher

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Tick Hit Squad
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 07:32:16 PM »
Pulled a tick off the dog yesterday.  In PA.  In March.  Sheesh

Guns don't kill people.  Guns kill food.