OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Mossberg 20ga Bantam question?

Started by sswv, March 10, 2021, 12:38:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sswv

I got this Mossberg in a trade and I'd like to get a few opinions about it and LB #6's.  I am a die hard 870 guy for over 45 years and know nothing about Mossbergs. It has a factory x-full flush choke and it come to me with an Undertaker turkey tube that measures .575    I'd like to know if anyone on here has any experience with this gun and LB 6's?   Not for sure it's a keeper but I'd like to give it a whirl.

mightyjoeyoung

That gun will pattern better than any 870 you could buy, and with less tinkering.  Deep clean the barrel, throw a Carlson's longbeard or patternmaster turkey in and run it.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

sswv

thanks for the reply mjy.  so the Undertaker tube would be a waste of ammo?

paboxcall

I have the same gun, but shooting an Indian Creek .555 with it and TSS.

I deep cleaned mine today for the first time, and shocked what came out of it. Love toting this little 20 gauge around the big woods.

Good luck with your LB, probably a few pics of LB patterns in the 20 gauge section, just scroll through the pages to find them
"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

mightyjoeyoung

Quote from: sswv on March 10, 2021, 07:40:34 PM
thanks for the reply mjy.  so the Undertaker tube would be a waste of ammo?
You'd have to try it. I have had guns they shot well in and guns they shot horrible in.  If you're shooting LB 6s you're almost guaranteed to have at least a decent pattern, depending on the lot, as apparently they've messed with the buffer matrix from the original loadings.
Big Al's "Take-em" Style Silhouette decoys Pro-Staff.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind te most.

Fullfan

Have same gun, no long beards though. IC .555 and hand loaded TSS 9's are devastating.
Don't gobble at me...

Greg Massey

I don't have this same gun, but i think your really going to enjoy it after you get it all setup with that 22 inch barrel.