turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

oh that sounds nasty!

Started by drk9988, March 10, 2021, 12:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drk9988

Anyone ever tried a 3.5 grey slate over stainless in ziricote pot?
Oh boy oh boy the secret weapon! Well I guess not anymore!  :turkey2:. Sounds like the dirtiest girl in the smoking section of the corner bar!!!!!! One thing I love about John Sinclair Calls is that he will try anything and put together anything you dream up. No wait always pure turkey!   :gobble:

Goblen

Your post needs a sound file.

drk9988

https://youtu.be/o5FAA9VwSTo

Here is a soundfile John put up today of the call I received.. Gray slate over stainless steel in ziricote pot.

outdoors

Sun Shine State { Osceola }
http://m.myfwc.com/media/4132227/turkeyhuntnoquota.jpg

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

drk9988

I'm curious what other folks think of the sound... That to my ear is what I am looking for when I think of what I want my pot calls to sound like. I have all kinds of combos and most of my favorites have metal soundboards...Slate over metal is so easy to condition and play it will go from low to high volume and it has good rollover and rasp to the notes.... Will purr super easy and everything in-between... I do enjoy crystal over brass too and a few different glass material surfaces.

jordanz7935

Sounds like a copper or aluminum call to me... not the sound i want out of a slate call, but thats just me. He makes some beautiful calls, some of em sound pretty good. My issue is how there's been so many people going over the top pushing his calls on here over the years, including his "prostaff manager". Theres been multiple guys who have joined this forum only to push his calls. Good turkey calls sell themselves. Not saying he doesnt make good calls, i know better. But honestly, I wouldnt touch his calls or his prostaff managers strikers with a 10 foot pole after what ive seen transpire on here. :z-twocents:

drk9988

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 14, 2021, 03:46:49 PM
Sounds like a copper or aluminum call to me... not the sound i want out of a slate call, but thats just me. He makes some beautiful calls, some of em sound pretty good. My issue is how there's been so many people going over the top pushing his calls on here over the years, including his "prostaff manager". Theres been multiple guys who have joined this forum only to push his calls. Good turkey calls sell themselves. Not saying he doesnt make good calls, i know better. But honestly, I wouldnt touch his calls or his prostaff managers strikers with a 10 foot pole after what ive seen transpire on here. :z-twocents:

Oh yeah he doesn't need any help selling turkey calls... I watch his site he numbers the ones he has sold this year and just what he has listed is over #240 calls for this year and who knows how many more he has sold that didn't get listed probably 2x to 3x that....Hmmmm honestly I don't care what people "push" on the internet that doesn't effect if I will or will not buy something.. Why do people get so emotional about the internet? I really love copper it translates outside and through the woods as such a realistic turkey yelp.. All I can say is life it too short lighten up a little.. LOL

jordanz7935

Quote from: drk9988 on March 14, 2021, 03:54:27 PM

Oh yeah he doesn't need any help selling turkey calls... I watch his site he numbers the ones he has sold this year and just what he has listed is over #240 calls for this year and who knows how many more he has sold that didn't get listed probably 2x to 3x that....Hmmmm honestly I don't care what people "push" on the internet that doesn't effect if I will or will not buy something.. Why do people get so emotional about the internet? I really love copper it translates outside and through the woods as such a realistic turkey yelp.. All I can say is life it too short lighten up a little.. LOL
Emotional? Thanks for the laugh. And wow, your keeping track of how many calls he sells? So theres a Hmmm right back at ya. I didnt ask for your opinion, you asked everyones on this forum. Its obvious why your here. You sinclair fanboys are doing the same thing the hevishot spammers have been doing on here for years. Keep up the good work and please report back at the end of the year and let us know how many hes sold.

outdoors

I don't push his  calls , but when asked ......
I like his calls  ... Everyone has there own sound they like

noisy box call that seems to sound like a flock of juvenile hens pecking their way through a wheat field

drk9988

Quote from: outdoors on March 14, 2021, 05:43:43 PM

Like is an understatement!  :you_rock:

outdoors

I'm just being a little modest .......

drk9988

Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 14, 2021, 04:29:41 PM

Emotional? Thanks for the laugh. And wow, your keeping track of how many calls he sells? So theres a Hmmm right back at ya. I didnt ask for your opinion, you asked everyones on this forum. Its obvious why your here. You sinclair fanboys are doing the same thing the hevishot spammers have been doing on here for years. Keep up the good work and please report back at the end of the year and let us know how many hes sold.

I wasn't going to respond back to you but the few falsehoods you portray I didn't want to let go... #1 He doesn't have a prostaff or a prostaff manager. #2 I have no clue how many calls he has sold this year I just know the calls on the site are numbered up to 21-200 something. #3 Hardly anyone talks about his calls so they have sold themselves #4 Letting the whole thing effect you to the point that you publicly speak in absolutes about his calls and the other guys strikers is sad..#5  On the original post I asked about the sound and if people liked it...I didn't need to hear about your emotional response why you will never buy one! LoL

To me is sounds like brass and copper mixed. This post was to share a unique sound not many makers offer. I have the same call in grey slate over copper and copper has a bunch more rasp. I guess if your ears hear it all the same then ain't no arguing with you!

jordanz7935

Quote from: outdoors on March 14, 2021, 05:43:43 PM

Exactly. Your a longstanding member of this forum who brings alot more to the table than a callmaker fanboy. Its the low post count guys, that 90% of there posts are pushing his calls that i will call out every time.
Quote from: drk9988 on March 10, 2021, 12:36:36 AM
Anyone ever tried a 3.5 grey slate over stainless in ziricote pot?
Oh boy oh boy the secret weapon! Well I guess not anymore!  :turkey2:. Sounds like the dirtiest girl in the smoking section of the corner bar!!!!!! One thing I love about John Sinclair Calls is that he will try anything and put together anything you dream up. No wait always pure turkey!   :gobble:
^This^ is the same over the top crap these guys have been coming on here posting for years. When asked you give a reccomendation. Not an over the top sales pitch.

jordanz7935

Quote from: drk9988 on March 14, 2021, 06:11:00 PM
Quote from: jordanz7935 on March 14, 2021, 04:29:41 PM

I wasn't going to respond back to you but the few falsehoods you portray I didn't want to let go... #1 He doesn't have a prostaff or a prostaff manager. #2 I have no clue how many calls he has sold this year I just know the calls on the site are numbered up to 21-200 something. #3 Hardly anyone talks about his calls so they have sold themselves #4 Letting the whole thing effect you to the point that you publicly speak in absolutes about his calls and the other guys strikers is sad..#5  On the original post I asked about the sound and if people liked it...I didn't need to hear about your emotional response why you will never buy one! LoL

To me is sounds like brass and copper mixed. This post was to share a unique sound not many makers offer. I have the same call in grey slate over copper and copper has a bunch more rasp. I guess if your ears hear it all the same then ain't no arguing with you!
Oh, he must have dismantled his prostaff after realizing they were doing more harm than good for his reputation. Just like you are doing with this over the top endorsement. JLH was his prostaff manager.And the "pro" in prostaff means promotional. Not that hard to wrap your mind around from the outside looking in. The only thing emotional is your sales pitch. Said it before and ill say it again he makes some nice calls.  Some of us have been here for years and actually bring something to the table. I imagine youll be gone by next year and thatll open up the door for the next guy. But ill be here wearing my sunglasses and hipwaders to set him straight. Best of luck hunting this year.  :-*

Greg Massey

My honest opinion of the call, the back end roll of the call sounds like it's in a can, i didn't care for it myself. It's not a call i would buy... glad you like his calls. Good luck with it this spring.