OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Hastings 10g chokes  (Read 2106 times)

Offline Shady valley birds

• The drummin is deafening
Hastings 10g chokes
« on: March 08, 2021, 09:33:19 PM »
Do any of yall have any experience with hastings turkey chokes? I can't find alot of info on em but i haven't dug a whole lot either but was looking for opinions thanks guys!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

Offline Old Gobbler

• Administrator
  • Long Spur Gobbler
Re: Hastings 10g chokes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 08:35:13 PM »
When I first got my sp10 in 1995 hastings was literally the only aftermarket choke I could find ...I shot a .695 ported hastings and a federal 2.25 #4 for a few years until I got a Rhino .685

Never really used it much afterwards almost every choke I used shot better
:wave:  OG .....DRAMA FREE .....

-Shannon

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 08:31:06 PM »
Thanks, i found that .675 and thought that was the tightest one iv seen. But Thanks for the heads up thats the beauty of this forum!!
If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2021, 04:27:39 AM »
I ended up ordering a. 675 jebs and calling it done. Now if apex will get some shells in stock ill be in business!

Offline randywallace

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2021, 10:56:23 AM »

until I got a Rhino .685

Same here.  Rhino .685 shoots a laser out of my 10 gauge with every shell I have tried from lead to TSS.

Offline 457121

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 01:02:59 PM »
Do any of yall have any experience with hastings turkey chokes? I can't find alot of info on em but i haven't dug a whole lot either but was looking for opinions thanks guys!
I use a Hastings .705" in my Ithaca Mag 10 with grafted on Sp-10 barrel. It patterns old 2 1/4oz. Federal and Winchester great out to 50 yards. But I prefer a more traditional shotgun pattern than many on here.