OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: What are they worth?  (Read 6133 times)

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
Re: What are they worth?
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2021, 04:25:36 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.

Not that it really matters, but I've owned the calls for 3 years. I can't remember how much I paid for them from Mr. Buice, but I'm not sure I agree with the logic of selling them at my purchase price if the market price is something different. While I agree that callmakers should make profit on their calls, they don't have any influence on the secondary market. That's dictated by supply/demand.

With that said, I bought these calls to keep, and have numerous others that I will be keeping, BUT I have another project in mind and could use the spare cash. If that goes away, these will stay on the shelf. Sounds like the market is anywhere from $350 to $500 from what I've heard.

You should reread what I said. I agree with appreciation. Appreciation doesn't occur within weeks or a couple of months. If you have had the call for years then yes appreciation is a factor.
Of course it can. It can happen overnight. People flip houses everyday. It can happen by the minute. It’s literally what day traders do for a living. People find deals every single day and sell them at a profit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline paboxcall

• Paintbrush Beard
  • That's this about that
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2021, 04:36:15 PM »
You should reread what I said. I agree with appreciation. Appreciation doesn't occur within weeks or a couple of months. If you have had the call for years then yes appreciation is a factor.

Value is fluid. If a buyer wants to pay $500 for a call that's three weeks old to jump the wait line, then that call is worth $500.

"A quality paddle caller will most run itself.  It just needs someone to carry it around the woods." Yoder409
"Sit down wrong, and you're beat." Jim Spencer
Don't go this year where youtubers went last year.
"It is a fallacy...that turkeys can see through rocks. Only Superman can do that. Instead turkeys see around them."Jim Spencer

CMBOSTC

« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2021, 04:39:03 PM »
Stocks vs. Turkey calls,  not the same. You guys are grasping at straws.

CMBOSTC

« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2021, 04:40:19 PM »
I deal in both, totally different!

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2021, 04:52:20 PM »
I hope the old boy posts them calls on eBay and I hope they go for three times what he paid. Hell I hope he gets a thousand dollars apiece. And when I croak off I hope my wife gets the same or more.

CMBOSTC

« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2021, 05:34:34 PM »
I hope the old boy posts them calls on eBay and I hope they go for three times what he paid. Hell I hope he gets a thousand dollars apiece. And when I croak off I hope my wife gets the same or more.

Okay!

Offline Tom007

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
  • “Eastern Tail Chaser”
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2021, 05:49:44 PM »
I've always felt that the maker should be making a profit, not the second hand seller. The second hand seller didn't do anything!
If he’s not making a profit then he should’ve long ago upped his prices (he is making a profit; certainly not all that he could, but a profit nonetheless and he set that price). But with regard to appreciation, there’s not another product on this planet that carries that expectation. Houses. Guns. Cars. Paintings. Land. Baseball cards. You name it.

We left out Bob Dixon Vests. One on EBay now with one day left, price is $1575.00. Unreal....supply/demand/frenzy

“Solo hunter”

CMBOSTC

« Reply #37 on: March 08, 2021, 05:53:40 PM »
I've always felt that the maker should be making a profit, not the second hand seller. The second hand seller didn't do anything!
If he’s not making a profit then he should’ve long ago upped his prices (he is making a profit; certainly not all that he could, but a profit nonetheless and he set that price). But with regard to appreciation, there’s not another product on this planet that carries that expectation. Houses. Guns. Cars. Paintings. Land. Baseball cards. You name it.

We left out Bob Dixon Vests. One on EBay now with one day left, price is $1575.00. Unreal....supply/demand/frenzy

Like I said before, reread what I wrote before.

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
What are they worth?
« Reply #38 on: March 08, 2021, 05:56:07 PM »

And good for that seller! Ain’t his fault people willing to pay something crazy like that. From a callmaker standpoint they’ve got multiple options: 1) grin and bear it with humility and pride; 2) up the prices to reflect the current market value; 3) cut off your list, make calls one off, and auction them yourself; 4) request from buyers that if they ever decide to sell to allow you to buy it back first (I’ve had makers tell me this); or 5) go all Frank Cox soup Nazi and blacklist people who try to sell on the secondary market. Makes no difference to me but whining ain’t a good look on anybody.

CMBOSTC

« Reply #39 on: March 08, 2021, 06:01:18 PM »
 :icon_thumright:

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #40 on: March 08, 2021, 09:10:49 PM »
I love or i mean hate the mention of LFC on here!

Offline ChesterCopperpot

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Double Beard
What are they worth?
« Reply #41 on: March 08, 2021, 10:16:11 PM »
I love or i mean hate the mention of LFC on here!
At least there’s no confusion about where he stands on the issue.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2021, 07:32:37 AM by ChesterCopperpot »

Offline 3bailey3

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Paintbrush Beard
« Reply #42 on: March 08, 2021, 10:38:39 PM »
it's no soup for me!!