OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Call Lanyards and Turkey Totes  (Read 13516 times)

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
Call Lanyards and Turkey Totes
« on: March 08, 2021, 09:14:22 AM »
Hey friends, I started this thread back in 2021 and it's time for an update!  I started out making these call lanyards as a paracord project to do with my daughter.  It was fun for a while but she has moved on to other hobbies.  She has a nice sewing machine now and makes quilts, embroiders, and does all kinds of arts and crafts.  In the meantime I'm still making these call lanyards.  My call lanyards have evolved a lot in the last two years.  I have changed from using 550 paracord to a much smaller 95lb paracord.  This results in a much lighter more compact lanyard that can easily be rolled up and stuffed into a vest pocket.  It also takes me much longer to make them now.  I take pride in trying to offer the highest quality product I can and I will continue to evolve and change as I see new ways to make things better.  That being said if you ever have any problems with a product you've bought from me please let me know and I will do my best to make it right.  One thing I've changed on the turkey totes is the rings I was using.  After a couple seasons I got reports of some rings breaking so I quickly changed to a more durable ring.  As a matter of fact I'm not going to make paracord turkey totes at all now.  I have started to make leather turkey totes and am excited to see how these develop over the coming years.  I'm always looking for feedback on new products and designs.  Feel free to comment or message me anytime with any ideas you have.  I'm going to be updating the old pictures in this thread over the coming days to reflect the new products I am making.

As of now that includes:
-the "lightweight hunter lanyard" and the "lightweight classic lanyard" (the difference in these two are hunters are camo colors and a black bead, and classic lanyards are brighter solid colors like copper, orange, grey, etc with a silver looking bead) I sew thread through several places in these lanyards as an additional safety mechanism in case a knot was to ever fail hopefully the lanyard will stay in tact. I know how expensive trumpets are and I would be horrified to learn that a lanyard failed and someone lost a trumpet.  I can't gaurantee to replace a trumpet but I do my best to insure you get a lanyard built with the highest quality possible.

-Leather turkey totes: These are handmade, saddle stitched, English bridle leather with solid brass rings.  I'm still trying to different colors of leather.  Like I said before I'm open for opinions on colors, design, length, and whatever else you can think of.

-Striker / Trumpet Displays: these are being made out of solid wood, right now solid oak that is 2 1/2 - 3" thick.  They can be left natural, stained a darker brown or painted I suppose.  The lengths can be customized to accommodate any number of strikers holes you prefer.  I am stamping small circle pieces of maroon scotch brite to go in the bottom of each hole to preserve the tip of the striker.  I will be offering some of these with a live edge on the front and the rest will be milled square.  I have a friend with a laser engraving business that can possibly personalize these for you if you want a name or a simple design. This will add to the build time and require an additional cost since I will have to pay her for her work.  Right now I'm making these displays for strikers and am working on some moveable dowels that you could place in the hole to display a trumpet on.  Or if you'd like to order a display for only trumpets I can do that also.  I haven't made one of these yet but will add pics here shortly.  I'm fortunate to have a good supply of the oak.  When my supply runs out I will have to adjust my prices.  You can look up the cost of 12/4 wood blanks to see it's a little pricey.  This example below has 33 holes.

Thank you all for all the orders over the last couple years.  Ultimately the sale of the products helps me to afford the extra gas money to go turkey hunting. I really appreciate it and am looking forward to seeing what kind of turkey hunting products I come up with over the years.  I pray you all have a blessed turkey season this year.  Oh, lastly, my cell number 256- seven six two - 3 four zero 3.  In case anything in our communication happens and I accidentally erase a message or lose your contact please message me here again, or call or text me.  My email is Lawrencearchery@yahoo.com
Thanks,
Andrew

Here's an example of my original call lanyard design.  They have gotten much shorter as the feedback I've gotten is people prefer shorter lanyards with shorter drops.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk my
« Last Edit: March 30, 2023, 04:29:30 PM by aclawrence »

Offline slicksbeagles1

• The Boss Gobbler
Re: Call Lanyards and Turkey Totes
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 07:02:20 PM »
Guys these are nice lanyards I bought one like he has around his neck Good quality and workmanship! Always glad to support the youth I just hope she gets the biggest part of the money ????

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2021, 11:14:18 PM »
Guys these are nice lanyards I bought one like he has around his neck Good quality and workmanship! Always glad to support the youth I just hope she gets the biggest part of the money ????
Hey I’m glad you like the lanyard!  I’m definitely taking care of her and she’ll get her fair share!  I would buy her the moon if I could. She’s my oldest and I’ve got two boys 3 & 7 who will be fighting over who gets to go with daddy pretty soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 08:47:57 AM »
I'll take one.  Best to PM?
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 08:55:27 AM »
Yeah that would be great. Thanks

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2021, 09:49:47 AM »
Yeah that would be great. Thanks

Sent.
“A turkey hen speaks when she needs to speak, and says what she needs to say, when she needs to say it. So every word a turkey speaks is for a reason.” - Rev Zach Farmer

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2021, 10:48:28 AM »
We’re sending out a few multicam lanyards this morning with single and double drops. Thanks for the orders everyone.

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 12:36:27 PM »

If your thinking about getting a call lanyard the acu digital color really blends in with the trees.
Turkey season for most of the southern hunters is starting to kick off. Good luck everyone!

Offline davisd9

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • Long Spur Gobbler
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 07:21:59 PM »
Got my lanyard today! Sent a picture of the call I wanted it for and asked for the young lady to set me up. She did an awesome job. Think I will switch it between the ironwood and ABW.  Highly recommend! Great price, excellent communication, and fast delivery.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2021, 12:51:44 PM »
That’s a nice looking trumpet. Thanks for the trumpet advice and good luck this year!

Offline DBuck90

« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2021, 09:26:28 PM »
Sent you a message

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2021, 08:08:29 AM »
Sent you a message
Got it.  I was out hunting for the first time for myself this spring. I was blessed to get to test out one of my turkey totes.

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2021, 04:43:39 PM »
Sending out a few lanyards this week. Thanks for the orders and good luck to those of you who are still awaiting the opener.

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 10:02:16 AM »
Here goes a lanyard and tote to a fellow old gobbler member and a local to me. You think you’re the only one hunting your secret WMA until you start shipping products and dadgum you’re surrounded by Old Gobbler turkey killers. No wonder I can’t kill more turkeys lol.

Online Snood Life

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 06:29:17 PM »
Got my lanyard today. Nice quality. A super nice guy to deal with to boot. Thanks!