turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Western Pennsylvania

Started by PA Tom Chaser 814, March 08, 2021, 06:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Tom Chaser 814

I heard 3 on the hill this morning. It was 6:20am,14°F, and 5 mph from the west. May 1 can not come soon enough!!!

HFultzjr

Quote from: PA Tom Chaser 814 on March 08, 2021, 06:49:54 AM
I heard 3 on the hill this morning. It was 6:20am,14°F, and 5 mph from the west. May 1 can not come soon enough!!!

Great to hear. I'm going outside the next couple of mornings. With the warm weather coming it might fir up a couple.

Terminal Outdoors

Gobbling likw crazy this morning even in this cold weather.  Heard around 20 gobbles and seen 4 longbeards strutting

PA Tom Chaser 814

I went to my spot on Sunday morning to listen,but never heard anything. At 8am I walked back to the truck and just as I was putting it into gear 25+ hens and 4 jakes,and 5 long beards came walking into the field. The pack of Jake's ran off one long beard at a time and preceded to strut around the hens like they ruled the place lol

PA Tom Chaser 814

6:19am (2 birds) I swear every 30 seconds they're trying to out do each other. Also the hens are fired up too.

longbeards

I hunt western pa,,,cant wait!

PA Tom Chaser 814

The last few mornings they have been burning up the limb, but today I did not hear a gobble. We did get some rain last night,so maybe that was the issue.

Yoder409

My crew of backdoor clowns.......... I open the back door and laugh, they gobble so much........were hammering this morning, even with a little bit of snow in the grass.
PA elitist since 1979

The good Lord ain't made a gobbler I can't kill.  I just gotta be there at the right time.....  on the day he wants to die.