turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Virginia 2021

Started by Vaturkeyhntr, March 07, 2021, 10:56:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vaturkeyhntr

Went out this morning for the first time to listen, heard 3 with one going pretty good.

trkehunr93

Went out Sat. AM, heard some yelping about 7:20 but no gobbling.  On my way up the road heading home saw a gang of 15-16 turkeys in a field, 8 of which were longbeards and the rest were jakes.  Feel like once they break up some will head my way as it was only a quarter of mile up from where I hunt.   Sunday morning I went to some national forest and didn't hear anything, walked two miles round trip.  Lots of acorns back in there in the fall but when I hunted there during the late turkey season in January I never saw a leaf turned over.  I'll go back one more time to that spot and see if anything changes.  Back at it Saturday AM.

dantheman

Am I seeing that correct that opening day is Sunday April 11th?

BennieGobbler

Season starts Saturday April 10th. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Print by Madison, on Flickr

leaf shaker

Haven't been out to listen yet but thanks to Vaturkeyhntr for starting this always look forward to this each year  :thanks:

TJR

Gobbled great on the limb this morning in the Shenandoah Valley. Still grouped up. Great to hear the sounds of spring!

Vaturkeyhntr

Scouted a new piece of property I just recently got permission on in Prince William Co, no roost gobbles but a lot of gobbler tracks and a lot of scratching

BennieGobbler

Heard one in Louisa a few times. Long ways away.  Got there kinda late.

Print by Madison, on Flickr

skimerhorn

ahfox16

Saw two strutters today in the Northern Shenandoah Valley.  Did not see the hens as the gobblers were just slipping into the woods no doubt following hens.  Both had full fans so they weren't Jakes.

leaf shaker

Heard one gobbling this morning. Only one but responded to call once  :gobble:

trkehunr93

Went out Saturday AM to a spot I hunt and nothing, which really surprised me until I was headed home and saw the same group from the previous week up the road in a field with the addition of a few hens.  I counted about 6 longbeards in the group with the rest jakes and hens, altogether it was about 20 or so.  Bright side was they had spent some time on the place I hunt and scratched the heck out of it.  Went to some NF on Sunday and heard 4, started about 7:10AM.  They gobbled quite a bit even once they hit the ground, heard several hens also. 

Vaturkeyhntr

SCREAMING this morning!!!!!!  30 degrees and no wind.  Ended up hearing 10 after stopping at a couple different spots

Vaturkeyhntr

Lots gobbling this morning and they continued even on the ground for a while

Gmed

Nothing down in southwest VA this morning....