North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Choosing a Team Name and Captain

Started by GobbleNut, March 07, 2021, 08:53:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on March 09, 2021, 09:40:50 PM
Since Sir-diealot is an ol' timer and doesn't get out much, I say we fellow members must step up to the plate and fill those tags too !!!??? It's not an easy job, but someone's gotta do it...

I chuckled at the 70 name.
Forgive me father, for I have sinned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am not an old timer! My body is an old timer. :'(

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 09, 2021, 08:39:00 AM
Quote from: Sir-diealot on March 08, 2021, 10:36:16 PM
Edit: I am not digging Shoot'em at Seventy even a little bit.
Quote from: RiverBuck on March 09, 2021, 07:41:04 AM
I saw and found humor in Shoot'em at Seventy... Nailed the motto!
But then again, I find laughter in most aspects of life.

I like Gobzillakillas as well.

Apparently, I will have to be more clear about my attempts at satirical humor in the future.  Folks learn over time not to take some of the stuff I say too seriously.   ;D :angel9:

I know you were my friend, I just have had to many interesting discussions on the subject of late and my diaper rash is acting up because of it.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:
"It's better to live as your own man, than as a fool in someone else's dream."

ManfromGreenSwamp

I truly hope your tendons and aches get better, soon and you find some relief.
Just read your Schwarzenegger quote... remember, you're merely developing strengths!
:OGturkeyhead:
"First one to the carcass gets the most"
-T.Farley

"I'm livin ta rest, I was born tired"
-B.Button

Sir-diealot

Quote from: ManfromGreenSwamp on March 09, 2021, 10:15:27 PM
I truly hope your tendons and aches get better, soon and you find some relief.
Just read your Schwarzenegger quote... remember, you're merely developing strengths!
:OGturkeyhead:
Thank you, and I agree. I have been having to wear sweat pants because normal pants have been bothering me around the hips, I am wearing some hunting pants today with some suspenders and will see how that goes, will bring some sweats with me though as I have to drive about 6 or more hours today.
Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength. Arnold Schwarzenegger

John Koenig:

eggshell

Good luck whatever you guys call your team....if I was into the contest thing this is a team I'd like to be on. I thought about joining a team this year, but my old lazy butt just didn't want to mess with recording stats, taking pictures and such. I just kill my birds and clean them and toss all the carcass. A lot of times I check them online and clean them at the truck before I even go home. Can I be your cheerleader?

Sir-diealot

We could use some cheering, but if you show up in a halter top and a miniskirt you are outta here!!!

Sent from my S30U+ using Tapatalk

John Koenig:

Happy

Good luck fellows, ever consider "lucky cluckers" as a name? I hope you guys have a blast. You all seem like you will and thats what its about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Good-Looking and Platinum member of the Elitist Club

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on March 10, 2021, 05:56:51 PM
Good luck fellows, ever consider "lucky cluckers" as a name? I hope you guys have a blast. You all seem like you will and thats what its about.

Just a warning teammates,....don't trust a word this guy says!  He's always got something us his sleeve.... 
:toothy12: :toothy9: :toothy12:  :newmascot:

Happy

Quote from: GobbleNut on March 10, 2021, 06:08:02 PM
Quote from: Happy on March 10, 2021, 05:56:51 PM

Just a warning teammates,....don't trust a word this guy says!  He's always got something us his sleeve.... 
:toothy12: :toothy9: :toothy12:  :newmascot:
Man, you guys have trust issues. Looks like I am probably sitting it out this year. However I will be more than willing to offer words of encouragement,insults or whatever else is needed to keep you guys on task. Have fun gents.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on March 10, 2021, 06:23:34 PM
Looks like I am probably sitting it out this year. However I will be more than willing to offer words of encouragement, insults or whatever else is needed to keep you guys on task. Have fun gents.

I think my teammates are all able to handle this contest stuff pretty well by themselves. 
Me, on the other hand,...I need all the "encouragement" I can get so go ahead with that.  I was already insulted by your suggestion that I should settle for .0000001 on my contract.  I know I am worth at least twice that much!    ;D

eggshell

Hey happy- how about we put on our camo cheerleader outfits and beat the pants off these guys just the two of us, nothing official just a good ole boy butt whoopin for yucks and poking the bear. we each get to score two birds, no pictures, no measurement confirmations, just our word. That old mountain goat out in NM knows our word is good  :TooFunny:

GobbleNut

A lot of big talkers showin' up all of a sudden to give the new guys on the block some guff.  The "old mountain goat from NM" is gonna go out on a limb and say you two guys don't stand a chance against the twelve of us.  I'll go so far as to put that big contract that happy offered me on the line as a bet.  What'cha got to say now that the big bucks are on the line?.... ;D :toothy12:

Happy

Quote from: eggshell on March 10, 2021, 06:35:48 PM
Hey happy- how about we put on our camo cheerleader outfits and beat the pants off these guys just the two of us, nothing official just a good ole boy butt whoopin for yucks and poking the bear. we each get to score two birds, no pictures, no measurement confirmations, just our word. That old mountain goat out in NM knows our word is good  :TooFunny:
I like this idea. And I like talking trash, all in good humor of course. If the rest of you fellers are down for it then let's do it. Might want to let them figure out their details for we go overwhelming them too much. Gobblenut probably already has his boots off trying to count to 12.

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on March 10, 2021, 07:12:29 PM
Quote from: eggshell on March 10, 2021, 06:35:48 PM
I like this idea. And I like talking trash, all in good humor of course. If the rest of you fellers are down for it then let's do it. Might want to let them figure out their details for we go overwhelming them too much. Gobblenut probably already has his boots off trying to count to 12.

Ya' know, thinking about it, I really don't think it's fair for us to go twelve on two.  You guys should try to add that guesswho goober to your squad.  You three killers against us twelve wannabees might turn out to be an interesting match-up.  Please note, this is a "one-time offer" (please note,...I am making the rules here   :toothy12: ).  Talk ol' guesswho into getting on board (which will be quite a feat in itself) and we'll go twelve on three.  If you don't, it's you two against all of us! 
Deal?....or No Deal?!  (Which briefcase will you choose?...)   ;D  :newmascot:  ;D
Please, please, please get all three of you on board,...I really need to be able to harass all three of you all season long!   :toothy9:

Happy

I am sure Ronnie will chime in on his own. Not much I can do to convince him. If the opportunity to hurl insults isn't enough then    it just ain't gonna happen. I might be able to throw an unofficial N'WTF hat in but thats about it. You get yer team name fingered out or are you still trying to figure out what comes after A?

GobbleNut

Quote from: Happy on March 11, 2021, 09:30:37 AM
I am sure Ronnie will chime in on his own. Not much I can do to convince him. If the opportunity to hurl insults isn't enough then    it just ain't gonna happen. I might be able to throw an unofficial N'WTF hat in but thats about it. You get yer team name fingered out or are you still trying to figure out what comes after A?

Well, if we are going in alphabetical order based on MY abilities, then I suppose we would have to call ourselves the "Z Team".  As it is, I think we are going to end up calling ourselves "The Team That Couldn't Agree On A Team Name".  Or maybe we should go the Washington football route and just call ourselves the "OG Contest Team".  ...Whatever....  :D

As for Ronnie, he must be doing guzintas or something. Surprised he hasn't jumped in here yet....