OG shop member gallery
OldGobbler
          bullet Forum Board      bullet Pushpin Turkey Call Blog      bullet Advertising Info     

OG Gear Store
PATCHES

Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

Author Topic: Team bonding  (Read 2610 times)

Offline Kygobblergetter

Team bonding
« on: March 11, 2021, 12:42:08 AM »
Hey guys I just thought it would be interesting for everyone to share a little about themselves and where they’re from to start off the team bonding and give me something to read while I wait on season to get here

My name is Brent Anderson. I’m from north central Kentucky and I’m 24 years old. I’m a power plant operator which means I work swing shift and get plenty of off days to turkey hunt. I started turkey hunting when I was 7 years old. This year I’ll be starting my season in Georgia and then hunting (hopefully) Texas, Kentucky, Ohio, West Virginia, and Wyoming. Hopefully somewhere along the way I can knock down a decent scoring bird but man I sure love a nice dumb 2 year old!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fmf

Re: Team bonding
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2021, 08:50:05 AM »
I'm in SW Mississippi, which is probably the only state that I will hunt, although I'm kicking around the idea of loading up my tent and heading to Kentucky for a week.  I work for the VA and have been with the federal govt for 23 years including military time, so I get quite a bit of vacation each year.  I usually burn 3 weeks of vacation during turkey season.  I've been out listening a good bit in the last two weeks and haven't heard much gobbling, just a bird here or there and only once or twice.

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2021, 10:07:15 AM »
Good idea. My name is Jeff and I'm from SE MO. I've been a welding instructor at a career center for 20 years now. Only bad thing about school is there is no vacation time. I do get to take a couple of personal days during season. During the summer I work with Huckleberry welding at a company the makes moonshine stills. I hunt the hills and hollers of the Ozarks. Nothing like a screaming Ozark bird, lol. This is like my 3rd or 4th year as captain of the strut stoppers and we have a great bunch on here. Been out once and heard nothing but I've gotten some info from friends that they've started. May try this weekend but we have flooding rains coming so it may be a crap shot. But you don't know till your out there. I hunt mainly public land and a couple of private farms west of me. Hopefully I can get something knocked down myself. Huckleberry91 and I will try to put points on the board since hes my ride or die bud. It helps living a mile apart too, lol. 
« Last Edit: March 11, 2021, 10:23:10 AM by turkey harvester »
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA
 Hunt with your kids, not for them.

Offline dzsmith

• 2024 SITE SUPPORTER
  • The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2021, 04:51:13 AM »
Im Daniel, from southwest  Mississippi. Im an operator at a power plant. .This is my 6th year on this team. I hunt 50/50 between a hunting club ive been in for a long time, and public land. By public I mean national forrest primarily. I travel out of state when I can, primarily public when OOS, have a handful of trips actually planned this year already. Ive listened a few times this year, so far I haven't heard anything. This week would have been a killer week to listen, however I have worked 12hr shifts for the last 12 out of 14 days. I was kinda prepared for the season...but getting put on the schedule for even more work days right at the last minute and having my A/C go out in my home has really screwed this week up. I do have a lot of time off this season, but its not off to a good start so far, even though it doesn't start until next week. I have a respectable track record on the team and would like to continue it this year. Good luck.
"For thy name's sake, O LORD, pardon mine iniquity; for it is great."

Offline fmf

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2021, 05:40:10 AM »
Im Daniel, from southwest  Mississippi. Im an operator at a power plant. .This is my 6th year on this team. I hunt 50/50 between a hunting club ive been in for a long time, and public land. By public I mean national forrest primarily. I travel out of state when I can, primarily public when OOS, have a handful of trips actually planned this year already. Ive listened a few times this year, so far I haven't heard anything. This week would have been a killer week to listen, however I have worked 12hr shifts for the last 12 out of 14 days. I was kinda prepared for the season...but getting put on the schedule for even more work days right at the last minute and having my A/C go out in my home has really screwed this week up. I do have a lot of time off this season, but its not off to a good start so far, even though it doesn't start until next week. I have a respectable track record on the team and would like to continue it this year. Good luck.

You aint missed much in the hnf this week.

Offline bornagain64

• Longbeard
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2021, 02:23:41 PM »
My name is John, I live in Florida and hunt public land.
I have been married for 30 years and have 3 grown children: 1 still lives at home.
I have worked at the post office for over 34 years and am hoping to retire soon: if I can get that 1 grown kid to move out soon.

I will be in the woods next Sat to start the season off.

Offline Turkeyman

• The Boss Gobbler
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2021, 08:58:46 AM »
I'm Alan from upstate NY. I retired in 2004 so have plenty of time to hunt. I started turkey hunting 1976 in PA; I've hunted some combination of NY, PA, MO, KS, FL, WV, NM and OK various years. This year it will just be NY and PA due to Covid constraints as last spring...just too many Covid hunters roaming the public grounds. Here's wishing the team members a safe and successful season.

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2021, 12:47:35 PM »
Andrew here, I’m located in North Alabama and can’t wait to start chasing some gobblers. I hunt public land and on my brothers farm if he invites me lol. I’ve been out a couple mornings and haven’t heard a gobble yet. I did find some good sign on saw a lot of hens on my last outing. Last year was a tough season but I’m hopeful to get back on track. I’m married and have three kids. My middle kid (the oldest boy 7 yrs old) and I are heading out for the youth hunt this weekend and I’m praying we can get on a bird. I’d at least love for him to hear some gobbles. For my job I’m the worship pastor at my church and I’m able to have a pretty flexible schedule.  Right now I’m trying to save as much gas money as I can to be able to go as much as possible.  I have a for sale thread in the classifieds for call lanyards and turkey totes my daughter and I make. She’s not into hunting but loves to do all kind of craft projects and she also likes to go fishing a lot. Anyway good luck out there this season everyone. I hope you all call a big longbeard right off the roost opening morning!

Offline birdman67

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2021, 03:52:33 PM »
I’m Tandy. I hunt the North Mississippi. I mostly hunt private land but hit public from time to time. This is my 6th year on this team. I am a math teacher and have been for 18 years. I’vebeen married fir 13 years and have a 9 year old little girl. This year will be a tough one. My wife goes in for major back surgery next Wednesday so my days in the woods will be numbered a bit. With Gods grace, I hope to still give a few a dirt nap. You guys say a prayer for my wife, and I’ll be out and about when I can. Good luck guys, I’ll be looking forward to reading the success stories!
Loving God's Creation!

Offline Huckleberry91

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2021, 09:28:03 PM »
Hey y’all my name is Steven Im 29 and live in the Ozark mountains of Southeast Mo. I’m a sanitary Tig welder/fabricator for a distillery equipment company, we modify pots/build and install the pots and piping in distilleries all across the country not a bad gig considering the time off I’m allowed and the 5 minute drive to work lol! I’ll be hunting SE MO exclusively this year although I’d like to make my way out to Western North Carolina where most of my family are and chase some mountain birds!Spring has most certainly sprung here in the Ozarks, Turkeyharvester and I have been out a time or two a listening at a few honey holes and haven’t heard anything worth reporting on but weather has also been dodgy as of late. Ready for April! Thanks to Turkeyharvester for getting the team together inviting me on and being captain another year! Let’s put some points on the board!

Offline turkey harvester

• Longbeard
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2021, 08:49:52 AM »
I’m Tandy. I hunt the North Mississippi. I mostly hunt private land but hit public from time to time. This is my 6th year on this team. I am a math teacher and have been for 18 years. I’vebeen married fir 13 years and have a 9 year old little girl. This year will be a tough one. My wife goes in for major back surgery next Wednesday so my days in the woods will be numbered a bit. With Gods grace, I hope to still give a few a dirt nap. You guys say a prayer for my wife, and I’ll be out and about when I can. Good luck guys, I’ll be looking forward to reading the success stories!

Tandy I hope everything turns out ok. Our prays are with ya buddy.
TURKEY NUT CUSTOM STRIKERS- Jeffrey Thompson-Owner.  Kathleen,GA

Offline Dmason3

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2021, 09:40:05 PM »
Derek here, I do Physical Therapy in East Central Illinois. Going on my 8th season I believe. I hunt all private land and hopefully I get a little more time out this year than last year but I have two little ones at home that are handful when both of us parents are home. Hopefully in a few years the oldest will be interested enough to tag along with me. My seasons run from April 16-May 6 because Illinois has 5 seasons and I drew seasons 3-5 in the lotteries. Yes it’s dumb, praying for good weather on those weekends haha

Offline birdman67

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2021, 10:11:35 PM »

Tandy I hope everything turns out ok. Our prays are with ya buddy.

Thanks my friend!
Loving God's Creation!

Online aclawrence

• Longbeard
Team bonding
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2021, 03:38:55 PM »
So we’ve got:

Kentucky
Mississippi
Missouri
Alabama
Florida
New York
Illinois

This should be fun. Good luck to all you guys this spring.