OG Gear Store
Sum Toy
Dave Smith
Wood Haven
North Mountain Gear
North Mountain Gear
turkeys for tomorrow

News:

registration is free , easy and welcomed !!!

Main Menu

Devotion Tuesday May 24, 2011

Started by Duke0002, May 23, 2011, 11:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke0002

"Where sin increased, grace increased all the more" (Romans 5:20).

During a visit with a parishioner, a pastor asked, "Have you ever thought about inviting your neighbor to church?" "Oh, no, Pastor," he replied.  "If you only knew the kind of life he lives!  He's a hopeless case."

We know neighbors like that.  We know people at school and work like that. Jesus did too. 

There was a man named Matthew, a Jewish tax collector for the Roman government.  He sold out to the enemy and was engage in a system of corruption that made himself rich at the expense of his countrymen.  To them, he was an outcast.  A dreaded "hopeless case," certainly no prospect for the Kingdom of God!

Jesus, however approached Matthew while he was sitting in his booth collecting taxes.  Jesus invited him, "Come, follow Me."  Immediately Matthew listened and followed Jesus.  Later he invited Jesus to his home.

Matthew didn't realize his lost condition until Jesus came to him.  But when Jesus came, He gave Matthew contrition (true sorrow over sin) and faith. He changed Matthew's heart.  As a changed man, Matthew not only made amends for his sins, but also gave himself into the service of Jesus.

Our neighbor is no more a "hopeless case" than you and I are.  By the same grace given to Matthew, we, too, were given new life in Christ.  Raised by Him from our sinful state, we rise to follow Jesus.

If you and I can be saved, then we can bring Jesus and His forgiving salvation to any person that is deemed a "hopeless case." 

Remember, God does the converting not us.  We are asked to bring the message of salvation into a person's life and pray that God would do His gracious work in them.

Pray this day that the Lord would give you the opportunity to speak the message of salvation to someone who others might consider a "hopeless case."  Where sin is great, grace is even greater!  May God bless His message carried in your words.

-Dale

mmims

Roostem33

Great devotional Dale!! I'm glad he did not give up on me!!
The thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy: I am come that they might have life, and that they might have it more abundantly.(John 10:10)

BOFF

Thanks Dale

God calls upon us to love our neighbor as ourself.

God Bless,
David B.

lightsoutcalls

Quote from: Roostem33 on May 24, 2011, 10:57:02 PM
Great devotional Dale!! I'm glad he did not give up on me!!

I second that statement!  Only by the grace of God...
Lights Out custom calls - what they're dying to hear!