turkeys for tomorrow

News:

only use regular PayPal to provide purchase protection

Main Menu

Mississippi

Started by northms, March 01, 2021, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

northms

Heard two on Saturday morning 2/27/21. Warm humid morning. One gobbled twice on his own. One gobbled to owl hooter. Dropped a couple pins then left.

This was in central MS.

Mossyguy

I'm going listening this weekend and also to see how many youths I hear blasting away on the property next to me. This is in east central Ms.

surehuntsalot

heard one 3 times on his own this past friday
it's not the harvest,it's the chase

northms

Heard one this morning on 3/5 sound off one time on his own.

surehuntsalot

it's not the harvest,it's the chase

Vale Gobbler

Southwest MS, opening day, overcast, ~65 degF, one gobbled 10 times on the roost, silent on the ground (henned up old bird I've been after at least 2 years now he continues this routine most all season, waiting for a mid morning mistake after hens leave him)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShootingABN!

This year is a record low for me here in MS.
Hunted 50 hours on public land. Heard one on 29 March at 1100, Boom.

I've been since and haven't heard a peep. I did call in a Yote, but didn't get a shot.

Really wet this year. I hope the hens and poults will make it.

Good luck everyone.

slave601

Heard 3 birds yesterday morning and 5 this morning. SE Mississippi 40 degrees and clear
"thinnin the flock"

TurkeyReaper69

Supposed to be doing a youth hunt on Saturday in Lafayette County, I see the weatherman is now calling for high teens low 20s and snow. Great.

i10duck

Ain't heard a thing in south central Mississippi this morning

slave601

Not a peep in south central public land. 32 degrees and clear as a bell
"thinnin the flock"

deadbuck

My son went to some public in N Miss and heard 0, but did see a game warden checking an out of stater pulling a camper. Wonder if the wardens were instructed to beef up on  compliance with the new NR rule the first 2 weeks of season.